This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you guys care about Virtual Reality?

#71kos12Posted 3/28/2014 3:38:50 PM
I am very interested, however ill need to try it out myself first and I think itll only be beneficial for certain games
---
you're an obvious troll, doorman.
#72JKatarnPosted 3/28/2014 3:39:01 PM
aaron1111 posted...
EnmaDaio2588 posted...
I can't wait for true VR, as in a Holodeck. As for VR Goggles, no I can't say I care one way or another.

Sorry to burst your bubble but that will cost you far more money and will probably never be mass marketed.

I mean You're looking at a bunch of screens that's going to cost you to build another room in your house, is unable to create 3D matter out of nothing, and will probably never be invented.

Imho Nanotechnology will beat out VR Sets and *Holodecks*. It'll make those look like baby toys.

If you're referring to a direct interface with the brain, yeah, I'd rather stand in a room composed of photons than have some nanobot messing around with my synapses.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#73JKatarnPosted 3/28/2014 3:42:17 PM
sry_POS posted...
Not at all. I care about as much about VR as motion based gameplay. It's just too gimmicky.

The same was probably said of just about every new gaming technology at its inception, but you have to start somewhere if the technology has any hope to improve. Look how far ahead current VR/motion tracking is vs. early iterations in the 80's/90's - far from ideal but a HELL of a lot better than it used to be.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#74Unbridled9Posted 3/28/2014 3:48:19 PM
As of now, no.

Eventually? Maybe.
---
The enemy of knowledge is ignorance, not religion.
#75a_Wizards_BakerPosted 3/28/2014 3:51:10 PM
No, not interested at all.
#76mjc0961Posted 3/28/2014 3:57:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ahSCKmJAQY
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#77Norb_Posted 3/28/2014 4:05:51 PM
ff6isgreat posted...
Absolutely. VR is amazing, and it sounds cliché but it is the future. Wait until there are units in stores before knocking it. All that anyone has in their homes now are early dev kits, the consumer version ig going to be a night and day difference.

Think about this: Gabe Newel and all of valve are behind it. John Carmack & Michael Abrash moved to work at oculus. Cliffy B and Fackebook invested a bunch of money in it. None of these people are naïve or stupid and it's hard to believe all these really smart and successful people are wrong about VR being huge.

Not just them, at the beginning that was enough to lend the device credibility among gamers - but we're two years along and the device has been anything but hidden from the public. 70,000 development kits are in the hands of gamers and developers right now, and the device has been demo'd at most major electronic shows. If it was a gimmick or doomed to failure we'd have heard about it by now, gamers are nothing if not vocal. Instead we see nothing but increased enthusiasm and hear of more competitors jumping into the HMD market.
#78samuraigaidenPosted 3/28/2014 4:11:55 PM
Kaushad posted...
No. I don't care about VR.
#79aaron1111Posted 3/28/2014 4:12:04 PM
JKatarn posted...
aaron1111 posted...
EnmaDaio2588 posted...
I can't wait for true VR, as in a Holodeck. As for VR Goggles, no I can't say I care one way or another.

Sorry to burst your bubble but that will cost you far more money and will probably never be mass marketed.

I mean You're looking at a bunch of screens that's going to cost you to build another room in your house, is unable to create 3D matter out of nothing, and will probably never be invented.

Imho Nanotechnology will beat out VR Sets and *Holodecks*. It'll make those look like baby toys.

If you're referring to a direct interface with the brain, yeah, I'd rather stand in a room composed of photons than have some nanobot messing around with my synapses.

Whatever suits You. But don't go change Your mind when a Synthetic person is superior to you in every way. By the time You're an old man and You see Synthetic friends still young You'll change your mind :P

If You own a Smartphone You're already apart of the process. Honestly I don't see the harm in transhumanism. Tech has been a double edged sword since we discovered fire and started sharpening sticks.

Anyways good luck in the job market :P
#80CaliberChampPosted 3/28/2014 4:21:58 PM
Yes, I like VR as long as its not badly done like the virtual boy. That thing was a disaster. Its the way of the future if you don't think so you are an idiot.
---
Recommended games: Guild Wars 2, The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Batman Arkham city
Terrible games: Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Diablo 3, Gone Home, EVE Online.