This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I challenge the PC Boards: Can you get better than this for same price/cheaper?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I challenge the PC Boards: Can you get better than this for same price/cheaper?

User Info: luigi33

luigi33
2 years ago#1
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/xcyper33/saved/4c8n
Specs: [Intel i5 3570k] [16GB DDR3] [GA-Z77X-UD3H]
[CM Hyper 212+] [GTX 760]
Steam ID: xcyper33

User Info: Shub

Shub
2 years ago#2
Well you're already shopping on pcpartpicker.com which aggregates various vendors to show you the lowest price you can buy a particular component for... so that's probably not going to happen.
That being said, I have comments:
- It's wasteful to get an i5-3570K with an H77 motherboard that won't let you overclock it.
- Cheap Hitachi Ultrastar drives are typically refurbs with a very short, limited warranty, so even though the Ultrastar series are enterprise drives, I wouldn't really touch that.
- If you're on a tight budget and don't mind swapping the case, I would say there's very little value in getting a $100 case such as the Antec Eleven Hundred, you can spend half that and still get a decent case (e.g. Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair 200R, NZXT Source 210), and then put those ~$50 toward something else that yields a more tangible benefit.
- Which brings me to the PSU -- Antec Basiq units should be avoided. They're fine for basic builds like office-type computers that don't do anything intensive, but I don't recommend them for gaming builds. Shoot for a Rosewill Capstone or XFX 450/550W unit, for example. Those are good quality and usually cheap.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: luigi33

luigi33
2 years ago#3
Got a newegg wishlist or something better?
Specs: [Intel i5 3570k] [16GB DDR3] [GA-Z77X-UD3H]
[CM Hyper 212+] [GTX 760]
Steam ID: xcyper33

User Info: DetectivPenguin

DetectivPenguin
2 years ago#4
There is always some ram thats on sale for 8 gigs for ~55 bucks on newegg, you could save probably 20 bucks there.
What is today but yesterday's tomorrow?

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
2 years ago#5
$10 more, but this PSU would be a crapload better than that Basiq you selected. Antec is a pretty solid brand, but stay away from their Basiq line.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151094
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: datopgamer

datopgamer
2 years ago#6
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3i6gN
I5 3570k @ 4.5ghz, 12 gigs DDR3 memory, Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, 2x EVGA GTX 670 4gb SC sli, Seasonic 750w PSU, Monoprice 1440p monitor

User Info: SoulreaperX112

SoulreaperX112
2 years ago#7
if you need to save money you can get a cheaper case. I spent $60(i think it was this with a $10 rebate) on my corsair 200r case. Also you can prob find some ram for a cheaper price. You can save about $20-$30 if you don't need the 2tb hdd and instead get a western digital blue 1tb which was $60 when i got it. I think there is a seagate model that is around $60 as well.

with those changes you might be able to save around $50-$80.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I challenge the PC Boards: Can you get better than this for same price/cheaper?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived