This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good graphics card for a Q6600 pc?

#21romsnbombsPosted 3/29/2014 7:55:58 AM
DARQ MX posted...
romsnbombs posted...
s

durr

nvidia nforce 4 motherboard?

What difference does that make, and when did he mention which board he had? And even if he did have that board you specified, how is even pci-e 1.0 going to make a difference to some mild GPU upgrade he's going to make?

You're one of the most ignorant people on the board, and I used to like you. Hell, a couple of years ago, you were banging on about how some ancient AMD CPU wouldn't run all todays games, now you're preaching upgrades for all?

And sheb, yeah, don't act like I said that core2quad is a wonderful CPU that runs all todays games at high frame rates. Because I never said that.
---
2600k | GTX 780 | P8P67 M Pro | 8GB
#22KainstryderPosted 3/29/2014 8:36:03 AM
Default Q6600 = Garbage

OC'd Q6600 to 3.4ghz +? = Watch it shine
#23R_BrockPosted 3/29/2014 9:27:53 AM
Considering how old the Q6600 is it is a testament to how solid the product was to still be functional 7 years on.There's slightly more options than what's best and what's garbage. The Q6600 is old, and it's not anywhere near new CPU's today. I think everyone agrees on that. The disagreement seems to be is what qualifies as functional and useless.

On the one hand we have people who are on the side that the Q6600 can still run new software today, so obviously the Q6600 is functional and useful. They're not out to punish themselves into using old hardware. It's just the CPU still works well enough to have some use, so why not use it.

On the other hand we have people who look at the age of the Q6600, look at the performance gap between it and modern CPU's and say that is all that matters, so obviously it's garbage. Old hardware should be discarded regardless of how well it works for other people who dare to have different standards of acceptable performance.

So yeah. This thread is never going anywhere because neither side has a response to the other side's positions. I can't make the Q6600 a better processor than it is. DARQ MQ can't make modern software run so poorly on a Q6600 that it's universally accepted as garbage.
---
http://awfulcontent.com my perpetually unfinished website.
#24Unsugarized_FooPosted 3/29/2014 10:31:49 AM
http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/117054/newegg---sapphire-dual-x-radeon-r9-270-2gb-gddr5-video-card
---
"All I have is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for anyone!"-Tony Montana
#25JKatarnPosted 3/29/2014 1:12:47 PM
DARQ MX posted...
hing, that CPU is junk and any card today will just be bottle necked by that and your slower mobo and pcix lanes. Just upgrade it all with your current build. Or spend a decent amount on a card now, and upgrade the rest later. Either way your games won't be that much better. You might get a few extra frames give or take. Your mobo is the killer here too. Just get an older 4 series Nvida card. They are cheap as hell now.

Ignore this post, he either has no idea what he's talking about or he's trolling, possibly both.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#26PsythikPosted 3/29/2014 1:30:22 PM
Kokuei05 posted...
Dolphin runs like garbage on LLE.
Older versions of Dolphin ran just fine full speed on my E8400.

Also, the GPU doesn't matter that much at all in Dolphin. It's a heavily CPU-bound app.
---
4670K | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 9-9-9-24 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | BitFenix Phenom M (white) | Win8.1 Pro
http://imgur.com/KaTyP5o.jpg
#27Kokuei05Posted 3/29/2014 4:08:53 PM
Psythik posted...
Kokuei05 posted...
Dolphin runs like garbage on LLE.
Older versions of Dolphin ran just fine full speed on my E8400.

Also, the GPU doesn't matter that much at all in Dolphin. It's a heavily CPU-bound app.

I'm sure it runs fine on HLE but almost every decent game has sound problems unless you use LLE.
---
Xeon x3220 @ 3.3Ghz [367*9] | Hyper 212 EVO | GA-EP45-UD3L | Mushkin 4GB DDR2-800 | EA-430W | 1GB 560 AC Twin Turbo II | WD 500 GB | AL1916W | G400s | HTF600-S
#28Lemur_HPosted 4/1/2014 3:58:30 PM
Shebeskii posted...
If respectable we mean some games tanking into unplayability, yeah, I guess so.

Sure, it still works and you can get by, but people need to seriously stop acting like this CPU doesn't cut your frames in half or a third in some titles.

This. Framerates tanking in scenes due to an underpowered processor is incredibly frustrating. You really can't fix it without buying new hardware. At least with a slower graphics card, you can lower many video settings.

The new consoles are also out. Time to get a new CPU, friend. I bet ebay will have plenty of cheap Intel i5 processors and motherboards for you to choose from.
#29Killah PriestPosted 4/1/2014 4:00:47 PM
I'd love to hear of this game that tanks into unplayability.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#30DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/1/2014 8:11:22 PM
All the same things that tank on Phenom II and BD CPUs, plus newer, more heavily threaded games.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross