This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New to PC gaming. Need help on build.

#11ConkerPosted 3/28/2014 10:24:03 PM
Also, to save some off the initial build, you don't have to get the CPU cooler if you can live without OCing immediately. The stock cooler that comes with those processors will work just fine. You can always get the cooler later and replace the stock one if you're looking to OC.

I know it's only a ~$50 difference, but just pointing that out, and it leaves the option open if you feel the performance could benefit from the OC later on.
---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!
#12DarkZV2BetaPosted 3/28/2014 10:29:35 PM
TheNeoVoid posted...
tonofun posted...
Good parts. I'd still try for an i7 if you can swing it. You'd be looking at another $100-120. Have fun building.

I thought about that and decided I'd pay extra for that.

http:// pcpartpicker.com/p/ 3icuy

Lower end closed loop water cooling solutions often don't perform any better than cheaper air cooling solutions. IIRC, Hyper 212+ outperforms h60 at a cheaper price, and is less problematic should something go wrong.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#13TheNeoVoid(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2014 10:56:09 PM(edited)
Cool I removed the cooler as suggested. Also though it says Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory I'm actually gonna have 16GB since my buddy gets a discount on the ram putting it at the same price as 8GB. He also gets a discount on the ASUS motherboard.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3ilnT
With the discounts this build would be about $1050
---
PSN: NeoVoid
3DS FC: 0473-7778-8246 Viral
#14tonofunPosted 3/29/2014 6:21:18 AM
I agree with the other guys on water v air cooling if you live in a mild environment. I live in a very humid, very hot part of the country and water cooling made a big difference for me. You gotta think bout things like that
---
Say what?
#15TheNeoVoid(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2014 3:54:25 PM
tonofun posted...
I agree with the other guys on water v air cooling if you live in a mild environment. I live in a very humid, very hot part of the country and water cooling made a big difference for me. You gotta think bout things like that

Live in Ohio which seems to be having longer cold seasons every year.
---
PSN: NeoVoid
3DS FC: 0473-7778-8246 Viral
#16tonofunPosted 3/31/2014 5:41:42 PM
TheNeoVoid posted...
tonofun posted...

Live in Ohio which seems to be having longer cold seasons every year.

Same thing here. The summers are getting more brutal and last into December. I use the Corsair H100i water cooler and it's like triple the price of a Hyper 212 Evo but it works a lot better for me on my i7-4770k. Depends on your needs as to what you need to buy. Most replies on these boards are opinions, not facts.
---
Say what?