This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anybody use a QHD/4K Windows laptop?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anybody use a QHD/4K Windows laptop?
2 years ago#1
I'm looking at a Clevo W230SS (Sager NP7338), and for an extra ~$350 I can upgrade the screen from 1920x1080 to 3200x1800. I'm wondering if it's worth it though, since I've read a lot of programs still don't scale properly (meaning it would be tiny on a 13" screen). At the same time, that extra screen space would be nice for photo editing/viewing...

And I'm also looking at ~$1400 with the laptop configured as is, so saving $350 would be nice.
---
1993 Saturn SL2 * Nexus 5 * Excite 7.7 * NX300
Slowly getting active on DeviantArt and YouTube...
2 years ago#2
Not worth it at that price. If it was a bigger screen, sure, but 1080p on a 13" screen is pretty good.
---
Wow. Very sig. Such original. So words. Wow.
2 years ago#3
It's probably not worth it since you'll be turning down settings/resolutions, if your plan is to game on it.
---
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.
2 years ago#4
4k is pretty awful (outside of gaming and other content made for 4k) even on a 30+" screen outside of a few select scenarios, photo work would be one of them.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
2 years ago#5
Well this would be an all-around laptop. As in, regular web browsing, gaming, and photo/video/audio editing. Obviously I wouldn't be maxing basically any game with those specs at that resolution, but I don't mind scaling down to as far as 720p - which can't look too bad on a 13" screen even if its not the native res.
---
2 years ago#6
just stick with 1080
---
^ this
2 years ago#7
seems unnecessary for a 13" screen
---
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2996/cancerstorm.jpg
2 years ago#8
Fair enough then, thanks.
---
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anybody use a QHD/4K Windows laptop?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived