This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need help: Windows 7 x64 Home Premium gives error 0xc000225 and won't boot.

#1Marioface5Posted 3/28/2014 7:32:18 PM
A couple of days ago, Windows Update told me that an important update was available, I believe it was something related to MSE. So I installed it, but when I went to restart my computer it wouldn't boot properly and gave me the 0xc0000225 error. I'm not saying that the update caused the problem, but I felt that it was worth mentioning just in case. I've spent a ton of time searching for and trying solutions, but nothing has fixed it so far. I've successfully booted from an older hard drive (a 2TB one that I upgrade from), and seem to be able to access the files of my main one (a 3TB) from it. I'm hoping that maybe someone here can help. Here's what I can remember trying at the moment:

Tried changing BIOS settings to default and re-enabled the setting for booting from HDDs that are larger than 2TB, which didn't work.

Tried using the Windows 7 install disk for system repairs, but it told me that my version of Windows was different.

Tried creating a system repair disk using the 2TB, but when I try to use it I'm told it's not a system disk or something like that.

Tried using a system repair disk created on another computer, but was told that my version of Windows was different.

Tried making sure that it was the only plugged-in hard drive.

Attempted to rebuild the BCD by running the cmd on the 2TB with the 3TB also plugged-in, but the commands weren't recognized.

I'm currently scanning the 3TB with MSE. My current plan is to find a way to back up the data from the 3TB to my external hard drive (which I, stupidly, hadn't opened until today despite getting it about two months ago) and then reinstall Windows. I'm hoping to find a way to just fix the problem instead though. I don't suppose anyone here can help?
---
The world gets weirder every day.
PSN: Marioface5
#2Marioface5(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2014 10:04:01 AM
The scan finished without detecting anything.
---
The world gets weirder every day.
PSN: Marioface5