This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can someone tell me if my laptop's specs are good or bad?

#1_-Dante-_Posted 3/28/2014 9:15:29 PM
http://oi62.tinypic.com/2vxps06.jpg

I'm not a PC gamer so I have no idea what is supposed to be good or outdated, so can someone tell me the quality of games I can play? Mind you that this is a laptop, so if the specs are crappy, that's why. I just wanted to check if I could at least play ps2 games on it.
---
Though a fight every now and then makes life a little more interesting, don't ya think?
#2ATARIJAWAPosted 3/28/2014 9:17:34 PM
It's pretty outdated. To play modern games on medium settings on a laptop you're looking at $1000.00 and up.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 112
#3_-Dante-_(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2014 9:20:44 PM
Oh of course lol, I was never expecting to play modern games. I just wanted to know if I could run ps2/xbox/gamecube games smoothly. I doubt I could do ps360 on a laptop lol
---
Though a fight every now and then makes life a little more interesting, don't ya think?
#4WygunPosted 3/28/2014 10:43:47 PM
In fact playing pcx2 and dolphin is extremely demanding. Your computer will have less trouble running a game from current gen like mass effect or skyrim than a ps2 or gamecube emulator. My laptop is the a10 model and cant get 30 fps at baten kaitos, mortal kombat shaolin or resident evil archives at minimum settings. By the other hand i can play skyrim in med settings without slowdowns.
#5TimePharaohPosted 3/29/2014 12:02:14 AM
_-Dante-_ posted...
Oh of course lol, I was never expecting to play modern games. I just wanted to know if I could run ps2/xbox/gamecube games smoothly. I doubt I could do ps360 on a laptop lol

....you think "modern games" on a PC board are 360 games? And that for some reason running an emulator is less demanding than "modern games"?

And you're wondering if specs of a LAPTOP, and a cheap one, are good?

Damn I got trolled
#6_-Dante-_(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2014 1:57:32 AM
TimePharaoh posted...
_-Dante-_ posted...

....you think "modern games" on a PC board are 360 games? And that for some reason running an emulator is less demanding than "modern games"?

Damn I got trolled

I like how I never used the word emulation yet you're assuming that's what I'm talking about.
And to the other guy, no, I didn't mean PS360 as a modern PC equivalent, I was just using it as an example.

I might as well explain in full so that people don't use my vagueness as an excuse to shout 'troll'

I want to get Knights of The Old Republic off of Steam, and knowing that it was able to be run on the original xbox, I was wondering if even my laptop could play it. Never said I was emulating ps2 games, I used that as an example since it was the same generation as the xbox, and I never said that I was going to play PS360 games, I just said that I doubt my computer could play them.
---
#7_-Dante-_(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2014 1:59:16 AM
Wygun posted...
In fact playing pcx2 and dolphin is extremely demanding. Your computer will have less trouble running a game from current gen like mass effect or skyrim than a ps2 or gamecube emulator. My laptop is the a10 model and cant get 30 fps at baten kaitos, mortal kombat shaolin or resident evil archives at minimum settings. By the other hand i can play skyrim in med settings without slowdowns.

Thanks. So in which case, rather than emulating, just playing a Steam copy of a ps2 era game should be fine even for my laptop?
---
#8ConkerPosted 3/29/2014 5:07:16 AM
TimePharaoh posted...
_-Dante-_ posted...

Damn I got trolled

The topic was actually asking what era of games the laptop could play and generally how good/bad it is currently. The TC never said anything about what qualify as modern games, and even said they didn't expect to play them.
---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!
#9PharohofLaptopsPosted 3/29/2014 5:16:44 AM(edited)
You can't run any game on a laptop. Stop thinking that you can play all these sorts of games on it. You can't, despite what some people might say.
#10Samaellives91Posted 3/29/2014 5:19:05 AM
PharohofLaptops posted...
You can't run any game on a laptop. Stop thinking that you can play all these sorts of games on it. You can't, despite what some people might say.

Funny, because I play Shogun 2 on high settings all the time with no trouble.
---
Not changing this sig until Liao Hua is added to the Dynasty Warriors cast.