This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can someone tell me if my laptop's specs are good or bad?

#11_-Dante-_(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2014 9:08:57 AM
...So my specs are good enough?
---
Though a fight every now and then makes life a little more interesting, don't ya think?
#12cancerstormPosted 3/29/2014 9:46:49 AM
older games on 720p should be fine

but ps2/gamecube emulators on a laptop amd processor? nope
---
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2996/cancerstorm.jpg
#13_-Dante-_(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2014 10:13:44 AM
So just making sure, my computer can play KOTOR? These are the requirements from Steam:

PC System Requirements
Processor: Intel Pentium 3 1Ghz or AMD Athlon 1GHz
Memory: 256 RAM
Graphics: 32 MB with Hardware T&L
DirectX®: Directx 9.0b or better
Hard Drive: 3.5 GB
Sound: Directx 9.0b compatible
---
Though a fight every now and then makes life a little more interesting, don't ya think?
#14Arcadia__personPosted 3/29/2014 11:21:58 AM
PharohofLaptops
You can't run any game on a laptop. Stop thinking that you can play all these sorts of games on it. You can't, despite what some people might say.

Out of curiosity, don't you have anything better to do with your time other than posting this in literally every topic about laptops on this board?

Rhetorical question-- no need to answer.
---
3DS F.C = 0387 - 9320 - 6533. Eric from Hawkeye
#15kobalobasileusPosted 3/29/2014 11:37:40 AM
That is a bad laptop, TC.

Slow CPU, no discreet GPU, and only 4GB of RAM means it's unsuitable for gaming.
#16_-Dante-_(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2014 2:06:43 PM
Ah, so I guess I can't run KOTOR, I'll just look into a desktop, thanks
---
#17reincarnator07Posted 3/29/2014 2:11:16 PM
_-Dante-_ posted...
Ah, so I guess I can't run KOTOR, I'll just look into a desktop, thanks

KotOR will pretty much run on a toaster. You won't be doing much modern gaming with it but it will play KotOR absolutely fine.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#18Loserman15Posted 3/29/2014 3:24:37 PM
You can probably max out KOTOR. Don't listen to these fools.
#19_-Dante-_(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2014 4:13:16 PM
...Well I'm getting quite a few mixed answers, so screw it, I'll go the optimistic way and listen to the people saying my laptop can run it lol. Thanks!
---
#20WygunPosted 3/29/2014 8:49:20 PM
Your laptop is dated and wasnt very powerful to begin with.
But you can play old games just fine. Games from 2007 and older will run on med to high settings without much problems. That includes pc games from the ps2 era and a few from the ps3 era as well.

Oblivion (2007) is probably the most demanding game you will be able to play at high settings. For newer games you will have to lower the settings (disable shadows, lower resolution, decrease draw distance, etc) to achieve playable frame rates.

Some games are better coded than others or require less resources, so its possible a few more recent games will run fine . For example Crysis (2007) require FAR more resources than Mount and Blade (2010), which means crysis will run on very low settings and Mount and Blade on med despite the latter being newer.

But for post-2007 games youre taking a gamble or forced to lower settings.

KOTOR is very old, you can max it easily.