This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need a new mouse. Should I buy the Zowie fk or the Logitech G400s?

#1snae99Posted 3/28/2014 11:06:17 PM
The Zowie fk is a bit more expensive but if it's better than the G400s I'm fine with purchasing it. Just looking to upgrade from my fairly old dell mouse.

Also how good are mechanical keyboards? They're a bit too pricey for me but they look really nice and durable. I'm really tempted to buy one.
---
Currently playing: Kirbys Epic Yarn
#2_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 3/29/2014 4:49:01 AM
They are both entirely different shapes. Which one is best for you only depends on your own preferences. Both are decent when it comes to the sensor performance. This is a thread that might be helpful to you.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Mechanical keyboards feel good and are fun/nice to type on. I would not invest in them hoping for any kind of ingame advantage. If you are a touch typist who types a lot, and you care about how the keyboard feels, it might be worth investing in one. If you get a decent one, they will last a long time.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie EC1 Evo White | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#3snae99(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2014 11:06:10 AM
Ah alright thanks for the help! I wish there was some way I could kinda test them in-store or something.
---
Currently playing: Kirbys Epic Yarn
#4N64_Rules_88Posted 3/29/2014 11:45:30 AM
I'm using the Zowie FK, have had it for a few months now. Once of the best mice I've ever used. Feels great, not too heavy, no drivers, super clicky scroll wheel and the tracking is superb.
---
http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/daylecman
Phenom II X6 1075T @ 3.5GHz - 4GB DDR3 - 120GB SSD - GTX 460 1GB - Blackwidow Ultimate
#5HaMMeRHeaD25Posted 3/29/2014 11:47:17 AM
G400 user here. If you've used an MX518 or G5 in the past, get the G400 if you enjoyed the shape of those. Otherwise, it's hit and miss, but it's definitely one of the most popular and highly regarded of mice and men
---
Ya ave a license fa dem dubs?
#6it_r_over9000Posted 3/29/2014 1:57:49 PM(edited)
I'm using the G400S and I love it. I have a large hand and the mouse's size is perfect for me. I also use a Cooler Master mechanical keyboard with cherry MX brown switches (tenkeyless variety) and it's awesome. I love typing on it and I love gaming with it. It was only like $75 when I got it which was cheaper than other mechanical keyboards I saw.

I know Best Buy generally has a few mechanical keyboards set out that you can clack away on. Mine had the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate (MX blues) and a Logitech G710 or something like that which has MX Browns with O-rings on its keys. Mine also carried Corsair K70s (probably the most recommended mechanical keyboard on this board) with MX reds but they didn't have a display model to try out. If you're really curious you can order samples that have the various styles of switches so you can see what kind you might want. I don't know off the top of my head where you order those from but I wager a quick Google search would answer that.
---
i7 4770k| Asus Z87 Plus| EVGA GTX 780 ti SC| Corsair VengeanceLP 8GB (2x4)1866| EVGA Nex 650G| Kingston Hyperx 3k 120gb| Seagate 1 TB HDD
PSN- ponmbr [R3D]
#7StrategyWikipedPosted 4/1/2014 7:31:04 PM
Zowie's sensors are perfect, so go for that. Had the same dilemma.
#8PraetorXynPosted 4/1/2014 7:34:07 PM
StrategyWikiped posted...

They're as close to it as exists, as is the sensor in the G400S.

The only difference might be interpolation methods. I always use native DPI on my mice to avoid interpolation and adjust in-game sensitivity accordingly.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#9ClouddxPosted 4/1/2014 7:36:09 PM
Zowie FK and the G400s have almost perfect sensor. The real decision you have to make is which will feel better when you hold it.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#10StrategyWikipedPosted 4/2/2014 8:20:13 AM
PraetorXyn posted...
StrategyWikiped posted...

They're as close to it as exists, as is the sensor in the G400S.

The only difference might be interpolation methods. I always use native DPI on my mice to avoid interpolation and adjust in-game sensitivity accordingly.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1420084/best-optical-sensor-in-the-market-atm-deathadder-2013s-s3988-or-logitech-g400s-s3095

"The G400S has a bug where left to right movement tracks more distance (lower dpi) than right to left movement (higher dpi)."

I'm not going to take my chances with that, tbh. I remember a review also talking about the buttons of Logitech MX518 and it applied to me: the button placements. I had R.A.T. 7 for a while and the increase in DPI was a button that you could shift up and down to increase/decrease, but the buttons on this (and the G400S) are above and below the scroll wheel, which is bad design imho. I'm sometimes accidentally clicking it.

Even without that button problem, I'm going to just go with trusting Zowie because they always use the best stuff and I know it won't have any errors. Plus, I can actually pick up a fully white mouse with glowy scroll wheel! Worth it :D