This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

i loved Bioshock infinite SO HARD.

#1dioxxysPosted 3/28/2014 10:52:58 PM
10/10 would bang again at a higher difficulty.

Oh wait I already started 1999 mode, first play through was on hard.
Damn but this is actually difficult, specially before you get the shield.
Once I get charge tho, gg.
#2revolverPosted 3/28/2014 10:57:28 PM
1999 mode was a disappointment. It was nothing like System Shock 2, which is the game it is referencing, and instead just upped the health of enemies to the point that it took 10 bullets to the face to kill them.

1998 mode in Burial at Sea episode 2 sounds like a great throwback to Thief though and I'll probably play through it again like that next time.
---
2500K @ 4.5 | GTX 670 | 8 GB | TX 650 | 128 GB ssd | CM 690 II
#3SythisTaruPosted 3/28/2014 11:56:48 PM
revolver posted...
1999 mode was a disappointment. It was nothing like System Shock 2, which is the game it is referencing, and instead just upped the health of enemies to the point that it took 10 bullets to the face to kill them.

1998 mode in Burial at Sea episode 2 sounds like a great throwback to Thief though and I'll probably play through it again like that next time.

It's an Everquest reference.
#4spud_almightyPosted 3/29/2014 2:10:50 AM
There isn't much to this game except a cool art style. They really dumbed down this game to the point it was just so depressing to play.

People complained about Bioshock 2 (god knows why) but it's a brilliant game in comparison.
#5SpazH3dPosted 3/29/2014 2:34:22 AM
Now make the tread again, but don't speak in that broken meme english.
---
- My vision is augmented
#6NemerlightPosted 3/29/2014 2:38:26 AM
Playing through it right now and its fun but i would rather replay first two games. They improved gunplay but everything else sucks. Though im amazed that my GTS450 can run it at medium settings (minus shadows ofcourse)
---
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.
#7Kerr AvonPosted 3/29/2014 6:28:06 AM
spud_almighty posted...
There isn't much to this game except a cool art style. They really dumbed down this game to the point it was just so depressing to play.

People complained about Bioshock 2 (god knows why) but it's a brilliant game in comparison.

Totally agree. Bioshock Infinite had amazing graphics and atmosphere, and Elizabeth was very well defined and portrayed (and NO, those are not euphemisms), but in all other respects the game was a massive disappointment. It felt shallow, the combat felt empty, the story started out great and went flat then pretentious, the gameplay was dull, and the ending was awful.

Bioshock 1 was great (well, up until the big revelation, after that it went downhill, and the final boss battle was very anti-climactic, and didn't suit the atmosphere of the rest of the game at all), and Bioshock 2 improved on B1 in almost every way, except that B1 had a better storyline, more memorable characters, and overall was probably more atmospheric. But B2 is by far my favourite of the Bioshock games, and is the one I've replayed the most, and I like it better than B1 and B:I put together, as it is (to me) by far the most enjoyable. I'm only counting the single player here, not the multiplayer.

BTW, the DLC for Bioshock 2, Minerva's Den, is very good indeed, and has a better storline than B2, and is my favourite ever DLC for any game.

But yes, to me, Bioshock: Infinite was so disappointing, as I was so looking forward to it, and it turned out to be beautiful to look at, but forgettable playability-wise. Not a bad game, but not particularly good, either.
---
I'm a PC and console gamer - I love good games, regardless of their host system.
For all things N64: http://z9.invisionfree.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/
#8staticxtreme5Posted 3/29/2014 6:32:50 AM
Bioshock 2 sucked. Infinite is as good if not slightly better than 1.

Your opinions may be different, but these are mine and I am entitled to them.
#9ShadowThaReaperPosted 3/29/2014 6:38:25 AM
Bioshock Infinite was just as bad as Duke Nukem Forever, and suffered from all the same problems.

But the Reddit crowd is so dumb that pretentious writing that doesn't make any real sense appeals to them.
#10staticxtreme5Posted 3/29/2014 6:41:46 AM
YShadowThaReaper posted...
Bioshock Infinite was just as bad as Duke Nukem Forever, and suffered from all the same problems.

But the Reddit crowd is so dumb that pretentious writing that doesn't make any real sense appeals to them.

You must be fun to be around.