This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

i loved Bioshock infinite SO HARD.

#11PhilOnDezPosted 3/29/2014 7:54:34 AM(edited)
He's right though. The ending of bioshock infinite came off as someone reading about theoretical possibilities of physics on cracked or seeing a documentary on the science channel and excitedly writing a story to utilize that without doing any actual research into how it actually works(E: well, into how it supposedly works since it hasn't been proven and is most likely unprovable).

Also, even if the ending didn't come off as painfully bad 'science', it completely nullifies every single thing you do in the game. That alone retroactively ruined the game for me. While I was experiencing the ending I thought it was kinda cool, but within minutes of it being over and I went from absorbing it to analyzing it it fell apart instantly and completely.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#12Jprime666Posted 3/29/2014 7:51:52 AM
I wish the combat had been better, because I loved the characters and world of Columbia.
---
Stay away from the Summoner!
#13pwnater777Posted 3/29/2014 8:02:10 AM
Is it good enough to justify sitting through the download for PS3? Or would my PC that can only run Skyrim on low/medium be able to run it at minimum settings? Would it even be worth trying to find out?
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#14Jprime666Posted 3/29/2014 8:03:39 AM
pwnater777 posted...
Is it good enough to justify sitting through the download for PS3? Or would my PC that can only run Skyrim on low/medium be able to run it at minimum settings? Would it even be worth trying to find out?

Probably should get it on PS3 if you have PS+. It's free I think.
---
Stay away from the Summoner!
#15pwnater777Posted 3/29/2014 8:06:15 AM
Jprime666 posted...
pwnater777 posted...

Probably should get it on PS3 if you have PS+. It's free I think.

It is, but for the $12 triple pack with the first two that I enjoyed, I don't know which would be a better route.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#16Kerr AvonPosted 3/29/2014 8:26:20 AM
staticxtreme5 posted...
Bioshock 2 sucked. Infinite is as good if not slightly better than 1.

Your opinions may be different, but these are mine and I am entitled to them.

Of course, everyone has their own opinions. And as they say, the world would be a pretty boring place if everyone agreed with everyone else.
---
I'm a PC and console gamer - I love good games, regardless of their host system.
For all things N64: http://z9.invisionfree.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/
#17ThePCElitistPosted 3/29/2014 8:26:22 AM
I loved it so much I rule 34 Elizabeth a few times a week.
#18biohazard1775Posted 3/29/2014 8:29:32 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Bioshock Infinite was just as bad as Duke Nukem Forever, and suffered from all the same problems.

But the Reddit crowd is so dumb that pretentious writing that doesn't make any real sense appeals to them.

QFT
---
http://i.imgur.com/AuuOUVo.png
#19pitt12177Posted 3/29/2014 8:32:45 AM
PhilOnDez posted...
He's right though. The ending of bioshock infinite came off as someone reading about theoretical possibilities of physics on cracked or seeing a documentary on the science channel and excitedly writing a story to utilize that without doing any actual research into how it actually works(E: well, into how it supposedly works since it hasn't been proven and is most likely unprovable).

Also, even if the ending didn't come off as painfully bad 'science', it completely nullifies every single thing you do in the game. That alone retroactively ruined the game for me. While I was experiencing the ending I thought it was kinda cool, but within minutes of it being over and I went from absorbing it to analyzing it it fell apart instantly and completely.

Exactly. People made more of it than it was. Exactly what they did with the Matrix. Exactly what they did with Inception. It's just another one of those "what if" issues that got blown out of proportion and made it seem a lot better than it was.

The combat was absolutely atrocious. I haven't been that bored in a long time.
#20ThePCElitistPosted 3/29/2014 8:33:02 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Bioshock Infinite was just as bad as Duke Nukem Forever, and suffered from all the same problems.

But the Reddit crowd is so dumb that pretentious writing that doesn't make any real sense appeals to them.

Most over the top rant I've seen in this topic. What you've proposed makes absolutely no sense and does nothing but to solidify the fact that you're an entitled little gamer brat with that attitude. You made absolutely no valid arguments or points to support your claim and you just go on as if your opinion is fact and anyone who disagrees is wrong.

Sorry but the world doesn't work like that and it most definitely doesn't revolve around you.