This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

i loved Bioshock infinite SO HARD.

#31macmahon187Posted 3/29/2014 9:09:55 AM
I absolutely hated this game. Bioshock 1 = 10.
Infinite = 2 maybe. It was a jumbled mess from the plasmids (salts) to the weapons. Art style was good and that's about it. The loot was very depressing as well compared to the first one. Sorry maybe I'm a hater or maybe I just hated what they turned the game into from the original trailer.
---
Brought to you by GameFlux
Free GameFAQs app on Google Play!
#32AnatomyHorrorPosted 3/29/2014 9:11:43 AM
A 2 is pretty harsh... I'd hate to see your definition of 5 or 4.
#33macmahon187Posted 3/29/2014 9:15:20 AM
AnatomyHorror posted...
A 2 is pretty harsh... I'd hate to see your definition of 5 or 4.

I don't know one of the gta titles I guess.
---
Brought to you by GameFlux
Free GameFAQs app on Google Play!
#34revolverPosted 3/29/2014 9:19:41 AM
You can't expect a video game story to be written on the level of literary classics. If you call people who enjoy stories in video games pretentious idiots who don't read, you're probably a pretentious idiot who has read a handful of crappy books.
---
2500K @ 4.5 | GTX 670 | 8 GB | TX 650 | 128 GB ssd | CM 690 II
#35ShadowThaReaperPosted 3/29/2014 9:32:08 AM
revolver posted...
You can't expect a video game story to be written on the level of literary classics. If you call people who enjoy stories in video games pretentious idiots who don't read, you're probably a pretentious idiot who has read a handful of crappy books.

That doesn't even make any sense.
#36revolverPosted 3/29/2014 9:38:27 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...

That doesn't even make any sense.

You should probably read more.
---
2500K @ 4.5 | GTX 670 | 8 GB | TX 650 | 128 GB ssd | CM 690 II
#37WolfandsteinPosted 3/29/2014 9:41:22 AM
For me, the visual style and the colour scheme was the biggest draw point of the game. Rest all the elements were "good enough". 6/10 stuff

Playing the game, I felt the game to be very linear, restrictive even. On my first playthrough, there wasn't any sense of accomplishment or even basic joy of shooting things. The guns felt like plastic toys as enemies soak bullets for whatever reason. Vigors add little variations which, though useful, weren't fun. Melee kills were good feel, if not slightly gory.

Progress on the game was purely based on the story. No gameplay changes from the start to finish. No feeling of empowerment when you destroy zeppelins, waves of Washingtons and Jeffersons etc. Fights seem to be more like filler content to the story.

At first, it seemed like the story was going to epic. With inter-dimensional sh*ts flying in and out, science vs man things, racisms, and why it was asked "Do you fear God" etc. But after a couple of dialogues, they are just gone. Seemed that many more progressions were to be made, the foundation for these elements were laid but they were cut out. All the "issues" the game presents is simply not worked enough.

And during my second playthrough, I found the entire plot to be more plotholes and implied theory than fleshed out real life possiblity. Why are there infinite lighthouses, worlds of same Rapture/Columbia and Lizzies are controlling everythings because loss of 2/3rd pinky? Because it is what it is. Infinite universes may or may not be real, but the game certainly doesn't tell enough or explores it.

Here was a part of what I thought about Bioshock Infinite. Now flame me.
#38mjc0961Posted 3/29/2014 10:03:13 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Bioshock Infinite was just as bad as Duke Nukem Forever, and suffered from all the same problems.

But the Reddit crowd is so dumb that pretentious writing that doesn't make any real sense appeals to them.

...No, I don't remember BioShock Infinite being in development hell for 13 years or making drive around in a s***ty monster truck.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#39ShadowThaReaperPosted 3/29/2014 10:08:43 AM
mjc0961 posted...
...No, I don't remember BioShock Infinite being in development hell for 13 years or making drive around in a s***ty monster truck.

It was in development hell for like 6 years, and made you ride around on crappy sky rails that didn't actually go anywhere or make any sense.
#40dioxxys(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2014 10:11:27 AM
ThePCElitist posted...
I loved it so much I rule 34 Elizabeth a few times a week.

lol