This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Advice on build

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Advice on build
2 years ago#1
Case: Antec Three Hundred Two / Corsair 200R (torn between the two) - ~$60
PSU: Corsair CX600 Modular - $70
HDD: Western Digital Blue 1 TB - $60
Fan: CM Hyper212 EVO - $35
RAM: Kingston Hyper X Blu 8 GB (2x4GB Modules) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 XMP - $65
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - $100
CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k - $220
GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 760 SC - $260
Monitor: Asus VS247H-P 23.6-Inch LCD Monitor - $165
Speakers: Cyber Acoustics Subwoofer Satellite System (CA-3602a) - $42

Is there any way to make this build cheaper without sacrificing much performance? Is there anything you would do different with the same amount of money?

Is the motherboard decent for overclocking? I know it's kind of cheap, but I'm on a budget and this system is already a bit more pricey than I had originally planned. I was going to go with an AMD-6300 but just decided to wait a little longer and get the 4670k.

I'm open to recommendations on the case, monitor, and speakers so long as they are within the same price range.

Also, is anything coming out in the next few months that I should know about which might influence my decision to purchase these parts now?

2 years ago#2
Looking at pcpartpicker the other day there's a 660ti available for $210 after MIR. It performs pretty much identically to the 760 so that'll save you a few bucks right there.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
2 years ago#3
Well, I prefer to buy from Amazon because I have some credit on there, but I will look into it, thanks. Any other suggestions?
2 years ago#4
Both cards are similar but a gtx 760 is better, depending on game its 10-20fps better. Go and find some benchmarks if you need too. Yeah if you already had a gtx 660ti its prolly not worth the upgrade, but if your buying from scratch theres really no reason to by the 660ti unless you got a really really good deal. Right now I see then on amazon for like 209, yeah its cheaper, but its not like a sweet deal or anything.

But if cost an an issue, you could downgrade to the 660ti and get a 500 watt PSU, that might save you $70-$80 in total.

Also right now newegg is having some mail in rebates on the corsair cx psu's so wether you got the 600 or 500 you can save an extra $10-$20 over there. I know you said you had credit, but unless its like enough for practially the entire machine you should buy from diff places fo rmor esaving.
2 years ago#5
Yeah, I'm not really looking to downgrade to save money unless it's a minor difference in performance. The build is a bit more expensive than I had originally planned, but I don't mind buying at this price. I just want to double check and make sure I'm not overlooking any potentially better choice of parts.

As for the 660 TI, I only see the standard 660 OC for $209 on Amazon, the TI only seems to be available at Microcenter. I will still look into it though. I will only be gaming at 1080p but I will be running some pretty intense games so I'm not sure I can justify the FPS drop. I am also considering the R9 270x. It's $20 cheaper but seems to perform between 5-10fps less in some games. I'll have to look up some benchmarks.
2 years ago#6
go with a 200r case. I feel antec cases are a bit dinosaur in design.
[This message was FORCEFULLY deleted by a moderator or administrator]
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Advice on build

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived