This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

recommend me a new GeForce gpu based off my current gpu

#1MuintirPosted 3/29/2014 6:50:38 AM
trying to record gaming from my pc and I have 2 options. 1 get a capture card (know nothing about) or get a new gpu thats nvidia geforce so I can use shadowplay. I already have fraps but the file sizes from recording are rediculously big. I use a hauppauge to record my console gaming and an hour of recording is under 5gb in size where FRAPs uses that much space for a couple minutes of footage. The image quality of both is basically the same.

I have a AMD Radeon HD 7700 series graphics card right now and run all current games on high - ultra settings. I know nothing about pc parts so what should I got with? new gpu for shadowplay or a capture card? Whats going to give me small file sizes like the hauppauge? Something under $150 please
#2RequiemPosted 3/29/2014 6:52:08 AM
750ti
---
Copyright free literature available at http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page... otherwise known as Tex-Mex
#3Jprime666Posted 3/29/2014 6:58:51 AM
I'm confused. Are you trying to record PC or console? Since you already have a hauppauge, why are you talking about buying a capture card?

Anyway. Dxtory is a much better program than fraps.
---
Stay away from the Summoner!
#4Muintir(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2014 9:00:25 AM
sry if my post was confusing. I have a hauppauge 1212 that came with a dongle to record console footage. I dont have a analog port on my pc so im not able to hook it up for recording whats on the pc without investing in one. I figure if im investing in something than why not invest in a better gpu that will also allow me to record pc footage.

Also how do I know if my motherboard or the rest of the pc can handle a stronger gpu?
#5Jprime666Posted 3/29/2014 9:25:59 AM
What you need to worry about here is if your PSU can handle a 750ti. Although my understanding is that the 750ti doesn't require much power.

I could be entirely wrong though. So you'll need to look into this yourself, or wait for someone else to do it for you.
---
Stay away from the Summoner!
#6Ep1taph303Posted 3/29/2014 9:26:09 AM
Open Broadcast Software is what I'd recommend.