This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SWTOR vs. WoW.

#1EpicKingdom_Posted 3/29/2014 2:56:19 PM
The reason I pick the two is because I enjoy both universes. What are the good & bad comparisons between the two MMO's? I play WoW a lot, but there is too much downtime for me until WoD. LF something else, starting at TOR. I have a free account and a Lv.5 Sith Warrior. So far, everything seems like WoW with SW skins. How is end game? How is PvE? How is PvP? What's the deal with F2P and subscribing? etc.

Thank you.
---
You're not Master Race until the Gaben reveals himself before you. ALL of himself. https://www.youtube.com/user/PCGamingMasterRace87/videos
#2CELTEKKPosted 3/29/2014 3:02:04 PM
people still play wow?

yikes.
---
psn:celtekk|steam:celtekk
#3happyscrub1Posted 3/29/2014 3:07:34 PM(edited)
SWTOR is WoW but with better graphics basiclly. Also a lot of stuff taken from WoW was made easier (like leveling and crafting).

They both have the same content. You'll probably hear people say WoW has YEARS!!! of content but none of it is relevant anymore. I haven't played WoW since the end of Lich King, but WoW had harder raids that took most groups a week to complete (if they even completed it).

SWTOR raids can be completed in a few hours.

SWTOR has space combat too which is pretty fun and was just released.

It's not worth playing SWTOR if you never plan to spend a dime. IMO, get sub if you ever plan to get serious about it. Get preferred if you only plan to play it casually.

I have no idea how WoW F2P system works

---
Who is happyscrub? Click to find out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRaxB9eK1X4
#4MaDHatPosted 3/29/2014 3:14:37 PM
CELTEKK posted...
people still play wow?

yikes.

Not only that, but amazingly there is a new expansion coming out. The game just won't die.
#5ShadowThaReaperPosted 3/29/2014 3:21:54 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6aaron1111Posted 3/29/2014 3:23:15 PM
Guild Wars 2
#7EpicKingdom_(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2014 4:41:29 PM(edited)
MaDHat posted...
CELTEKK posted...
people still play wow?

yikes.

Not only that, but amazingly there is a new expansion coming out. The game just won't die.

lol tbh, I would love Warcraft 4 more than another WoW expansion, but WoW itself is still an OK game. (OK if you want to compare to older WoW). Good if you're just a new player wanting to try it out.

aaron1111 posted...
Guild Wars 2

I'll Youtube it. I do recognize the name, but know nothing of it.

ShadowThaReaper posted...
SWTOR is trash.

How is it trash? When you say trash you imply that it's not even worth the time, but you don't back it up so I'll assume that you can't and you're just hating based of what you hear.

@happy. Ty for the feedback. I'll look into giving it a shot with a real sub.

---
You're not Master Race until the Gaben reveals himself before you. ALL of himself. https://www.youtube.com/user/PCGamingMasterRace87/videos
#8DoomkillaPosted 3/29/2014 4:40:24 PM
aaron1111 posted...
Guild Wars 2

---
"The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern."
Moiraine Damodred
#9jaredt13Posted 3/29/2014 4:48:23 PM
WoW is still the superior game. While yes, much of WoW's content is old and irrelevant, it is still better content. WoW provides vastly more content which is accessible to anyone, and then adds in hardcore content on top of that if you're into that stuff. WoW has far more players, whereas SWTOR can be very difficult to find people of the appropriate level to do group content with (especially the group quests in the over world - instances aren't too hard to find groups for).

SWTOR's pay model is terrible (one of the worst in the MMO industry among respectable MMOs). SWTOR is only worth playing as a F2P single player game (for the class stories, which are phenomenal).

SWTOR, if it hadn't fallen apart, would probably be the better game. But it declined very quickly and became a F2P mess with a terrible pay system. I definitely believe that SWTOR is worth playing for the class stories, which are on par with Bioware the old KotoR stories. The rest of the game is meh.
---
"We often refuse to accept an idea merely because the tone of voice in which it has been expressed is unsympathetic to us." - Friedrich Nietzsche
#10TheWayOfTheGunPosted 3/29/2014 4:52:17 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]