This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Girlfriend just broke up with me. Need a good game to get my mind away.

#111DarkZV2BetaPosted 3/29/2014 11:51:23 PM
Mother 3.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#112Angel_XBlazePosted 3/29/2014 11:53:41 PM
I hate when people don't have the balls to break up with their partner face to face. Breaking up through a text is pretty cowardly..

Anyway, sorry to hear that, man.
---
BBCS Main: Hazama Sub: Ragna
"So, as I pray...Unlimited Blade Works."
#113CaliberChampPosted 3/30/2014 12:23:55 AM
Bad suggestions so far. You need comedy in your life when you are depressed. Play a funny game. Like, Southpark Stick of Truth, Deadpool, Brutal Legend, Rayman raving rabbits. Pretty much any kind of funny game.
---
Recommended games: Guild Wars 2, The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Batman Arkham city
Terrible games: Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Diablo 3, Gone Home, EVE Online.
#114BeknessPosted 3/30/2014 12:41:35 AM
Sorry to hear, TC. Hopefully soon you'll realize it can't have been that great if she didn't even have the decency to say it to your face. Just about everyone goes through these break ups at some stage. Just don't let yourself spiral out of control because it JUST IS NOT WORTH IT. You may even realize that you had started to change or make sacrifices for her sake and now see that you changed part of who you were as a person for someone you just couldn't satisfy. Good luck feeling better. =)

I would advise against To The Moon or FFX or anything with a love story in it. Both those games made me cry.

Maybe something like the Witcher 2 or the Bioshock games. I really like the Serious Sam games as well. Do you like racers? If you're a perfectionist it can be very easy to sink time into those types of games. I'm also playing this game Chocolate Castle right now, it's a puzzle game.
---
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/ R<3B xx
Babes & I Now Playing - Borderlands Babes & I Now Reading - Kill Your Boss & All American Girl
#115retrosticker903Posted 3/30/2014 12:53:59 AM
If you're an NFL nut, may I recommend Tecmo Super Bowl? Particularly one with a recent season?

If not... I'd probably suggest one of the installments from Ys or The Legend of Heroes series... whoever said Cave Story, I would back that too, maybe FTL: Faster Than Light or Duck Tales.
---
Five years ago, I lost 30,000 sandwiches and cakes in a blink of an eye. And GLaDOS just f___ing laughed.
#116MegaWentEvilPosted 3/30/2014 1:56:27 AM
The only time strong men cry is after they've raised the American flag on the pile of corpses that used to be their enemies.

Oh, yeah? To me, murderers are NOT REAL MEN! And it's because of posts like yours that most of the world hates Americans.

And more, real men DO cry. Men who bottle up their emotions are not real men to me. It's 2014, it's about time to see this kind of thing as no better than racism or homophobia.
#117skyfire777Posted 3/30/2014 2:10:18 AM
go play something filled with pretty headshots and disembowelment. like dead space. or yknow, golf. if you've played it before, then it should give you some nice introspective time. if it's your first, then the amount of frustration you get from it should distract you from thinking about your ex
---
^^vv<><>ba
#118DarkLink978Posted 3/30/2014 2:30:43 AM
Can't go wrong with some SNES RPGs: (If you don't have an SNES, there's other ways you can play them)

Final Fantasy IV, V and VI
Tales of Phantasia
Live-A-Live
Secret of Mana
Illusion of Gaia
Chrono Trigger
Shin Megami Tensei I & II
Rudra no Hihou
---
Playing: MGSV: Ground Zeroes, Revelations: Persona, Rudra no Hihou
Games beat in 2014: 11 - Most recently beat: Persona 2: Eternal Punishment-PS1
#119alucard1092Posted 3/30/2014 3:37:44 AM
Any of the Souls games, if you are new to them, you will to be busy getting angry to remember anything else!
---
Endure, In enduring grow stronger.
#120GunmaN1905Posted 3/30/2014 3:39:20 AM
If depends on the type of what person you are. If you have a good mindset when it comes to things like that (you just wanna play some fun and cheerful game) then idk, but I usually go with something that is good for venting.
For example MGR:Revengeance, you cut people up, then cut them some more, then cut them up freely.
Or even prototype games.
---
PSN: GunmaN1905
Steam: GunmaN1905