This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Girlfriend just broke up with me. Need a good game to get my mind away.

#121Startech_ViperPosted 3/30/2014 3:47:50 AM
Any Grand Theft Auto. Sounds like you need to shoot people and run from the police... o_O
---
Bakin dem kookayz... o_O
#122Serenity138Posted 3/30/2014 3:53:27 AM(edited)
any borderlands or fallout great time suck games plus ultra violent it would make me feel better
#123NicodimusPosted 3/30/2014 6:06:44 AM
khunki posted...
Nicodimus posted...
LOLIAmAnAlt posted...
Nicodimus posted...
You can absolutely please them, but to keep them interested, you don't get to open up to them. Once they feel like there is no more to mystery about you, nothing more to discover about you, their attraction level drops and they leave.

TL;DR: Date your women. Open up to your friends.

But this is what will eventually lead to divorce, if it continues that far (which is I assume what people want in the end, marriage and all)

You gotta be honest with them to find a lifelong mate...and if they find that to be boring, they ain't the one.
It's probably best in the end.

Open up with your friends? Well...your significant other should be your best of best friends. So I don't see where this is going.

What most often leads to breakups/divorce is this: The man thinks "I won. I got her. The game is over. Yay!" And he gets complacent with the relationship...does not notice that his wife's attraction level is dropping. He projects his happiness onto her instead of actually noticing the warning signs that she is becoming less and less satisfied. This is why so many guys say "I never saw it coming! She broke up with me out of the clear blue sky!"

Courtship is a neverending process. You never stop building attraction, and actively paying attention to her tone, body language, and actions. Part of building a woman's attraction is simply her perception that she doesn't know absolutely everything about you, and building anticipation for her spending time with you and finding out more. It doesn't mean you lie to her, it means you manage her perception of you so she doesn't get bored. It means never running out of things to talk about, because you didn't spend 4 hours on the phone every night for the first month you went out.

But your friends don't leave you once they get to know you. In fact, once they find out what you're about, they decide whether they like your company and like doing things with you or don't. Women shouldn't be any different.

You *just* admitted that they ARE different. Friends don't break up with you via text message. Women do. They have to be treated differently than your male buddies.
---
My movie room: http://imgur.com/a/IjWr1
My pets: http://imgur.com/a/P9VGU
#124FoxtheSlyPosted 3/30/2014 8:36:00 AM
pitt12177 posted...
Do not listen to any relationship advice in this thread. None of it.

I would say be prudent when listening to peoples relationship advice, but I think Nicodimus's advice is pretty sound. I can bare witness to what he described being a major problem in relationships.

Anyway TC, hope you feel better soon. Breakup via text is so cowardly. I hope you called on her that bs.
---
I start to think, and then I sink into the paper like I was ink;
When I'm writin' I'm trapped in between the lines, I escape when I finish the rhyme.
#125foxyReyokoPosted 3/30/2014 9:00:16 AM
If you having girl problems I feel bad for you son...
---
METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN [TBA]
spend more time naked in change room than actually lifting
#126cainism25Posted 3/30/2014 9:10:13 AM
redbox a game for a couple bucks. dark souls 2 or FFX HD remake maybe
---
2500k @ 4.8ghz ~
#127sonic_man00Posted 3/30/2014 10:24:00 AM
Bekness posted...
Sorry to hear, TC. Hopefully soon you'll realize it can't have been that great if she didn't even have the decency to say it to your face. Just about everyone goes through these break ups at some stage. Just don't let yourself spiral out of control because it JUST IS NOT WORTH IT. You may even realize that you had started to change or make sacrifices for her sake and now see that you changed part of who you were as a person for someone you just couldn't satisfy. Good luck feeling better. =)

I would advise against To The Moon or FFX or anything with a love story in it. Both those games made me cry.

Maybe something like the Witcher 2 or the Bioshock games. I really like the Serious Sam games as well. Do you like racers? If you're a perfectionist it can be very easy to sink time into those types of games. I'm also playing this game Chocolate Castle right now, it's a puzzle game.

To The Moon didn't make me cry, But it was pretty darn sad.
---
Windows 8 - AMD Dual-Core E-3000 - 4 GB RAM - ATi Radeon HD 6310
I will change this sig when Gabe posts a picture of himself eating a Twinkie.
#128SuperSuikodenPosted 3/30/2014 10:28:20 AM
The Last Remnant
---
Steam/Xbox 360 Gamertag: Call Me A Hero
3DS FC: 4699-7127-1486 NNID: CallMeAHero
#129RavenoussdPosted 3/30/2014 12:25:48 PM
SuperSuikoden posted...
The Last Remnant

---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tzc86ifgf-0
EXPLOSIONS?
#130NeninaPosted 3/30/2014 1:32:12 PM