This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

more games should follow WoW's lead

#11Orestes417Posted 3/30/2014 2:11:20 PM
As an ex-raider, I lol at people butthurt about how other people got their character/gear. Doesn't make a damn bit of difference at high level, you can either perform or you can't. Give a bad a full set of Heroic tier and they'll still be a bad sitting on the bench.
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#12AnatomyHorrorPosted 3/30/2014 2:14:58 PM
Most people paying for max level in WoW have already hit max level on previous characters, numerous times.
#13GunmaN1905Posted 3/30/2014 2:20:22 PM
When I played wow I could never get myself to level my 2nc character because I hated leveling and I can see why would people pay for it.
Only good thing about leveling is that you can gradually learn your class, but if you already know how to play it, leveling is just painful repetitive grindfest.
I personally never paid for anything in games that can be done/obtained without paying for it but I can see why would people do it. Not all wow players are addicts that have 5hours per day to play wow.
---
PSN: GunmaN1905
Steam: GunmaN1905
#14ConkerPosted 3/30/2014 2:24:29 PM
Boge posted...
Why don't you just play for an hour? You'll get to the max level in about that time these days anyway.

What they need to do now that they offer an instance max level character is slow down the leveling process for those of us that actually enjoyed that part of the game. I didn't appreciate being level 26 after questing in Westfall for an hour and still having half the quests to do with all the enemies and quests now being grey to me, as if the game wasn't too easy already. It needs to go back to the release days where you couldn't kill more than 3 enemies alone, and even then you had to blow all your cooldowns and fight the perfect fight.

Not that I'm disagreeing as far as the amount of XP you get now for the same quests/mobs, but as far as amount of mobs, even at launch I don't recall ever seeing a huge difference compared to today on the level you described. And I was a total newb as far as MMO's go with no guides or experts telling me how to play better.

Isn't this the game that basically generated the term "face roll"? Roll your face on the keyboard and beat the game?

While I'm not disagreeing with the origination in WoW, I do think there's a slight difference in the intention than "beat the game" as it's more like "compared to other classes/builds within that game" not compared to every other game. Probably more nitpicking, but it wasn't ALL of WoW that was considered so easy you could faceroll through it vs abilities that made it easier for certain races/classes/builds to "faceroll" other races/classes/builds (whether against them in PvP or to progress more easily in PvE).
---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!
#15SpazH3dPosted 3/30/2014 2:28:36 PM
Only if its in-game gold you spend to get to max level. But even that is insane.
---
- My vision is augmented
#16Digital StormPosted 3/30/2014 2:29:12 PM
Honestly, they should have done it years ago. But I can see why they're doing it now, leveling is mostly devoid of people other than a couple people you see here and there in the hubs maybe or in your little area killing mobs for the same quest as you. That and it's a long grind for some, although it is doable in 24-30 hours if you know what you're doing.

Having leveled MANY characters to caps over the years, I'd easily pay 50-60 bucks to get a blank character at cap with some basic gear to start heroic instances.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#17Orestes417Posted 3/30/2014 2:30:15 PM
Also note that this isn't max level. This is just speeding you up to the starting level of the new expac.
---
#18Digital StormPosted 3/30/2014 2:31:50 PM
Orestes417 posted...
Also note that this isn't max level. This is just speeding you up to the starting level of the new expac.

It'll be max level until WoD comes out, whenever that is, preorder claims before December something. Which as we both know, it a long ass time to wait for an expansion -- even a few months is long enough when you're farming current tier.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#19happyscrub1Posted 3/30/2014 2:33:28 PM
Digital Storm posted...

Having leveled MANY characters to caps over the years, I'd easily pay 50-60 bucks to get a blank character at cap with some basic gear to start heroic instances.

Same. I stop playing after the end of Lich King and I had max character of every class except 1. It's not fun at all leveling in WoW unless you do it with friends and on vent/teamspeak.
---
Who is happyscrub? Click to find out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRaxB9eK1X4
#20Orestes417Posted 3/30/2014 2:34:43 PM
Yeah true. If I'd had a brain in my head I'd have only subbed till the end of progression for each expac then walked away till the new one. This time frame... I feel sorry for suckers paying for doldrums.
---