This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

more games should follow WoW's lead

#21ConkerPosted 3/30/2014 2:43:42 PM
Also, as for the topic directly, I think it has more to do with the design of the leveling, questing, and point of doing that...is it a means to an end (which in this case has become to get to the end-game), or a way to actually enjoy the game and have fun doing it? Well, after so much of doing that, it gets stale. People are essentially only wanting certain things out of the game now, and doing that for nearly 10 years you can't blame them.

So if other games take the same concept and base gameplay, of course people will want to skip to the end game as fast as possible.

A solution? I think it's a better idea to make the leveling content more interesting, lengthy, and/or impact the later experience, versus just something to get through in order to start the meat of the game for most people. Why not make more interesting and rewarding content/raids/rewards at low levels while leveling that people spend time doing, or similar content to what you'd find at max levels, etc.?

I get that you need some time to learn your skills and progress in a "training" of sorts at the release of a game to learn the builds/classes/races/etc, but instead of eliminating the leveling and skipping to end game, why not simply make the same type of "end game" content throughout and affect the later play?
---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!
#22xanthan1Posted 3/30/2014 2:46:18 PM(edited)
yars posted...
if people are willing to pay to skip the game's content, there's something wrong with that game's content.

Depends WHY it's being skipped. I mean if you want to play a mage for endgame raids do you want to grind through the lower levels you already did on a rogue and a warrior?

There's a difference between skipping because you did it all before and just want to get to the part your bros are at and skipping because it's just bad.
#23yarsPosted 3/30/2014 2:45:48 PM
GunmaN1905 posted...
leveling is just painful repetitive grindfest.

so it's no different from wow's end game?
---
My whole life has been a miserable pig filled ordeal because of you.
#24Orestes417Posted 3/30/2014 2:47:54 PM
Better yet eliminate leveling altogether and do freeform storyline arcs for the sake of gear/cash and skill quests that let you earn your abilities while teaching you to use them. Don't see how polymorphing an ally into a chocobo will help your raiding style? Don't bother doing the quest chain.
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#25NeninaPosted 3/30/2014 3:10:39 PM
Not as despicable as Star Trek Trexels.
#26ConkerPosted 3/30/2014 3:18:30 PM
yars posted...
GunmaN1905 posted...

Maybe if you never progress through the actual end game content and just play solo.
---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!
#27Orestes417Posted 3/30/2014 3:19:17 PM
Conker posted...
yars posted...
GunmaN1905 posted...

Maybe if you never progress through the actual end game content and just play solo.

Or you play on tourist difficulty months after the content is no longer relevant.
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#28blax34dmPosted 3/30/2014 3:26:26 PM
Orestes417 posted...
Conker posted...
yars posted...
GunmaN1905 posted...

Or you play on tourist difficulty months after the content is no longer relevant.

Hate to agree, but even if you are one of the first on your realm to down the newest content- all it means is you're one of the first to start doing that content again. And again. And again. And again.
#29SienrurouniPosted 3/30/2014 3:47:46 PM
In the last Alone in the Dark game you could skip chapters you didn't want to play.
---
"You may not believe this, but I was once a remarkable man,"
-Denny Crane
#30EpicKingdom_Posted 3/30/2014 3:48:44 PM
LordSeifer posted...
pay even more money, get right to the credits

Wow awesome.
---
You're not Master Race until the Gaben reveals himself before you. ALL of himself. https://www.youtube.com/user/PCGamingMasterRace87/videos