This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

more games should follow WoW's lead

#31Orestes417Posted 3/30/2014 3:50:55 PM
blax34dm posted...
Orestes417 posted...
Conker posted...
yars posted...
GunmaN1905 posted...
leveling is just painful repetitive grindfest.

so it's no different from wow's end game?

Maybe if you never progress through the actual end game content and just play solo.

Or you play on tourist difficulty months after the content is no longer relevant.

Hate to agree, but even if you are one of the first on your realm to down the newest content- all it means is you're one of the first to start doing that content again. And again. And again. And again.

Or you could be sane and stop. Most high end guilds do.
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#32ConkerPosted 3/30/2014 4:25:03 PM(edited)
Orestes417 posted...
blax34dm posted...

Hate to agree, but even if you are one of the first on your realm to down the newest content- all it means is you're one of the first to start doing that content again. And again. And again. And again.

Or you could be sane and stop. Most high end guilds do.

Exactly. Leveling 'requires' you to do repetitive things simply as a means to an end.

End game content you have an end and it's essentially the 'final' boss, certain gear, or achievements, until more content is released...and you are not required to keep doing it repetitively to get to another point of play.

If you want to continue doing it over and over and over again that's different than being a "painful repetitive grindfest" to be able to do something else such as raid, pvp, etc. at the level cap.
---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!
#33DawnshadowPosted 3/30/2014 4:34:28 PM
I don't get why you can just buy Assassin's Creed 4 without playing Assassin's Creed 1, 2, 2, 2, and 3 first. If you're not wiling to grind through the first five games in the series, you don't deserve to play the sixth game.

The level 90 boost SHOULD put you at the beginning of the new expansion, but they decided to let current players who preorder play around with their boosted characters at 90 before raising the cap to level 100. You're basically skipping the first five games in the series and starting at the beginning of game number 6.
---
Pokemon X - 2664-2616-4997 - Munna, Sigilyph, Duosion - PM me!
#34Digital StormPosted 3/30/2014 4:45:01 PM
Dawnshadow posted...
I don't get why you can just buy Assassin's Creed 4 without playing Assassin's Creed 1, 2, 2, 2, and 3 first. If you're not wiling to grind through the first five games in the series, you don't deserve to play the sixth game.

The level 90 boost SHOULD put you at the beginning of the new expansion, but they decided to let current players who preorder play around with their boosted characters at 90 before raising the cap to level 100. You're basically skipping the first five games in the series and starting at the beginning of game number 6.

To be fair the only content that exists in the existing expansions is merely there for transmog gear, rep, mounts and twinks -- which is the only reason anyone would be running it. No one is running it at level as a competitive means of measure anymore.

You level solo or with a few friends from 1 to 90 and then go to the current instance du mois.

If all you're doing is speeding from level one to level ninety, it becomes a simple question of whether or not your time (35-40 hours with BoA gear for an experienced player) is worth more than $60. Personally my time is worth more to me -- so paying $60 becomes a duh no brainer option.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#35GynthaeresPosted 3/30/2014 5:31:30 PM
I wish more games would follow original EQ's example. Or City of Heroes' example. Or more modernly, Final Fantasy XIV's example. Definitely not WoW's example.

Leveling should be a major part of the game. Not a hindrance, an annoyance before hitting the "real" game at the level cap.

If leveling is boring, you've designed your game badly IMO. Though to be fair, a lot of that is due to WoW's brainwashing of the general MMO populace into thinking that only end-game matters, so regardless of how entertaining leveling may be (like TOR, for example) or how long it takes, people will still only look at the end-game.
Not to say end-game isn't important, but it shouldn't be the end-all, be-all.
---
The sole purpose of this space is to make my post look longer.
#36DawnshadowPosted 3/30/2014 6:01:25 PM
Digital Storm posted...
Dawnshadow posted...

To be fair the only content that exists in the existing expansions is merely there for transmog gear, rep, mounts and twinks -- which is the only reason anyone would be running it. No one is running it at level as a competitive means of measure anymore.

You level solo or with a few friends from 1 to 90 and then go to the current instance du mois.

If all you're doing is speeding from level one to level ninety, it becomes a simple question of whether or not your time (35-40 hours with BoA gear for an experienced player) is worth more than $60. Personally my time is worth more to me -- so paying $60 becomes a duh no brainer option.

Yeah, that was my point-- 1-90 at this point is mostly superfulous in terms of gameplay. Some people enjoy it, but the vast majority of your population is clumped on the newest game in the series. When I said "The level 90 boost SHOULD put you at the beginning of the new expansion" I meant it as in "this is how it's supposed to work once the rest of the expansion is done," not "why don't they make the boosts to level 85?"
---
Pokemon X - 2664-2616-4997 - Munna, Sigilyph, Duosion - PM me!
#37RavenoussdPosted 3/30/2014 6:34:46 PM
LordSeifer posted...
pay even more money, get right to the credits

imo credits is the best part
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tzc86ifgf-0
EXPLOSIONS?
#38yarsPosted 3/30/2014 8:26:26 PM
i played wow for the first three months it was out, and actually had a good time. leveling a character to 60 was fun, exploring new areas, doing the different quests, etc. then i hit 60 and i realized all there was to do was run dungeons over and over and over again, hoping for a decent drop so i could be a little better at running dungeons over and over again.

as far as i'm concerned, that game ends when you hit the level cap.
---
My whole life has been a miserable pig filled ordeal because of you.