This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sleeping Dogs has been a pleasant surprise.

#31bigbadharryPosted 3/30/2014 1:29:32 PM
obligatory hipster post I didn't like the game because of wah, wah, wah j/k one of the best games ever.

Love the car ram move and running some one's head into a wall. I loved the car handling.
#32popping4itPosted 3/30/2014 1:32:01 PM
everytime i see someone play sleeping dogs or red faction guerrilla it makes me happy.
---
whens mahvel?
#33electroflamePosted 3/30/2014 1:36:31 PM
I totally loved it. I was going to pick up the DLC pack before it went off sale (for ~$9), but it seems like everyone says that the DLC is mediocre, and pretty short, so I'll probably skip it.

The base game, though, was really great.
---
Could be worse, they could have been American givers and you would have been smothered in small pox. -fakenamefignuts on Indian-Giving.
Steam ID: electroflame
#34staticxtreme5Posted 3/30/2014 1:53:26 PM
All the love for Sleeping Dogs made me break down and buy the collection. I also bought the Just Cause collection since it was cheap and also seems to get a lot of love. Hopefully these games don't disappoint!
#35ShippoyashaPosted 3/30/2014 2:03:53 PM
cancerstorm posted...
Shippoyasha posted...
The Chinese music in radio is very authentic too.

almost none of the chinese music on the radio station are from real hong kong artists

more annoyingly, most of the songs are in mandarin rather than cantonese

That's true. Maybe they can do that with the sequel. It still sounded nice and unique though.
---
Rest in Peace, my beloved dog and family member 1999-2011
http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/mppi0/can_you_guess_the_gender/
#36Whitebeard11Posted 3/30/2014 2:20:22 PM
Sleeping Dogs is one of my favorite games of this decade. Almost dropped of my class because I was always late playing this game lol
#37CELTEKKPosted 3/30/2014 2:36:24 PM
this thread convinced the **** out of me to buy.

thanks.
---
psn:celtekk|steam:celtekk
#38ShrimpBoy-Posted 3/30/2014 3:05:04 PM
CELTEKK posted...

thanks.

You won't regret it. It's literally 4 times better than GTA4 and the true successor to GTA San Andreas. I havent played GTA5 yet
#39steelix55(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2014 12:45:19 AM(edited)
ShrimpBoy- posted...
CELTEKK posted...

thanks.

You won't regret it. It's literally 4 times better than GTA4 and the true successor to GTA San Andreas. I havent played GTA5 yet

I think I like it better than GTA V. Being able to jump out of cars and on to others is awesome. And finally playing as a cop instead of a criminal is a nice refresh. Plus the setting of Hong Kong is great. I'm already about halfway through it, and I had a busy weekend. I am loving it so much that I play it every second I get. I've even come around on the driving mechanics. They aren't bad at all, they were just a big change from what I was used to in GTA V, so it took some adjusting.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz || 212 EVO || GTX 780 || Vengeance 16GB RAM || 1TB HDD || ASRock Z68 E3G3 MB || Corsair TX750 PSU || 12X BD-ROM || Win7 x64
#40BingSanpaoPosted 3/31/2014 12:52:33 AM
Any of the cosmetic packs worth it? I heard some of it was giving you different moves.