This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Modding FF7

#1bkkorpsPosted 3/30/2014 8:08:19 AM
Picked up FF7 on steam when it was on sale and have decided to mod it. I am following the guide here:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13212.0

I am at the point where I am downloading all of the mods (holy cow there are tons of them), but there are a few where the download links no longer work.

Is there anyone else who has recently modded the game and gotten it to work?
---
Religion is like circumcision. If you wait until someone is 21 to tell them about it, they probably won't be interested.
#2happyscrub1Posted 3/30/2014 8:25:29 AM
I don't mod trash
---
Who is happyscrub? Click to find out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRaxB9eK1X4
#3Jprime666Posted 3/30/2014 8:30:45 AM
I downloaded the torrent, which has all the mods.
---
Stay away from the Summoner!
#4bkkorps(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2014 10:48:28 AM
Jprime666 posted...
I downloaded the torrent, which has all the mods.

yeah, I found that awhile after I posted this. looking through the files there are a couple of discrepancies between the torrent and what is listed on the site.
---
Religion is like circumcision. If you wait until someone is 21 to tell them about it, they probably won't be interested.
#5BeknessPosted 3/30/2014 2:58:04 PM
daemon dan modded the game. Not sure if he still posts here.
---
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/ R<3B xx
Babes & I Now Playing - Borderlands Babes & I Now Reading - Kill Your Boss & All American Girl
#6CatToyPosted 3/30/2014 3:00:22 PM(edited)
I tried when it released on Steam, was unable to get it to work. The game would launch and play, but there was always something wrong with it. Graphics messed up or audio wouldn't play.

Oh, and I used the torrent as well.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#7bkkorps(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2014 7:00:26 PM
I got it up and running, and everything worked. problem is that I didn't like the hardcore difficulty mod so I had to reinstall the game to get it removed.

The only issue I have now is that I cannot bind the dpad on my 360 controller to the movement keys (have to bind them to the analog stick). I could get xpadder and make it function, but that seems like a lot of work.
---
#8ClouddxPosted 3/30/2014 7:03:35 PM
bkkorps posted...
I got it up and running, and everything worked. problem is that I didn't like the hardcore difficulty mod so I had to reinstall the game to get it removed.

The only issue I have now is that I cannot bind the dpad on my 360 controller to the movement keys (have to bind them to the analog stick). I could get xpadder and make it function, but that seems like a lot of work.

Yeh with mods I couldn't get my 360 controller to work.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S