This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You can only play 5 indie games for the rest of your life, choose.

#21nickizgr8Posted 3/30/2014 4:07:22 PM
WyzeGye posted...
I'd rather die.

This. Indie games are good and cool. However most of the good ones are very short and any open ended one like Terraria or Minecraft ( can that be considered indie anymore?) usually have you doing the same monotonous things over and over again.
---
Brothers and Sisters are sworn enemies Like PC Gamers and Xbox Gamers, or PC Gamers and Sony Gamers, Or PC Gamers and PC Gamers, Damn PC Gamers ruined PC gaming
#22my_name_is_EdPosted 3/30/2014 4:41:02 PM
nickizgr8 posted...
( can that be considered indie anymore?)

If you have to ask that, then you don't know what "indie" means.
---
http://puu.sh/7uzXq.jpg
Our dearest SBAllen. "Admin by day. Sailor Scout by night."
#23AnimorganimatePosted 3/30/2014 6:50:32 PM
nickizgr8 posted...
WyzeGye posted...
I'd rather die.

This. Indie games are good and cool. However most of the good ones are very short and any open ended one like Terraria or Minecraft ( can that be considered indie anymore?) usually have you doing the same monotonous things over and over again.

So you'd both rather die then have the choice between no games or 5 indie games (which you don't have to play, but are there in case you want something to play)? No offense, but that sounds like something a tween girl would say.
---
. . . methodical, exacting, and worst of all, patient.
#24KCGeminiPosted 3/30/2014 7:12:10 PM
Nethack/DCSS
FTL
Terraria
Bastion
Super Meat Boy
---
What's wrong with the world these days is people don't have any common sense...
#25_Zero1_Posted 3/30/2014 7:14:30 PM
I do not play indie games, does that make me less cool?
---
i5 3570k| Radeon HD 7950| 16GB 1600mhz DDR3| Asrock Z77 Pro4| Coolmaster V8 CPU Cooler| W7| 1.7TB HDD/256GB SSD
#26arleasPosted 3/30/2014 7:21:43 PM
_Zero1_ posted...
I do not play indie games, does that make me less cool?

Play what you find fun, not because it makes you cool in someone else's eyes.

As for me, I couldn't name just 5 games. Minecraft and Terraria are good choices, and I've heard a lot about Mount and Blade Warband (being able to spend thousands of hours on it) so I guess I'd pick those three... Maybe Kerbal Space program? I don't know.

Most indie games aren't going to keep me entertained for years.

Hell, most big budget games wouldn't keep me entertained for more than a year or two, and the ones that did (TF2 being a good example) were mostly because of the updates and the online aspect. If they didn't keep updating TF2 and if I didn't keep finding a decent challenge online I wouldn't have kept playing.

It wasn't till it went F2P and the floodgates opened on all the horrible players who didn't give a f*** that I was able to give it up for good.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3201564081.png
#27ClouddxPosted 3/30/2014 7:24:29 PM
Project Zomboid
Starbound
Rogue Legacy
Mount and Blade: Warband
Don't Starve
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#28CELTEKKPosted 3/30/2014 7:28:22 PM
Call of Duty, Battlefield, Ninja Gaiden, PvZ, Dragon Age 2
---
psn:celtekk|steam:celtekk
3770k@4.8
#29SlaynPosted 3/30/2014 7:38:16 PM
Games that last a long time.

FTL. So much replay value.
Mount and Blade: Warband is technically indie, can easily put 1000 hours in it.
Terraria can last a long time.
Starbound after release should be good.

Really not much else that I have played that is indie and has the same replay value. Bastion is the game that showed me indie games can compete, I thought they were all casual games. I would probably never play it again though, short lil game...
---
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.
#30MaxCHEATER64Posted 3/30/2014 7:44:16 PM
-Game Dev Tycoon

That's it, really. I'd be satisfied with just that one.

---
Specs: http://i.imgur.com/zkNfWZ0.png