This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Goat Simulator? Is it Baaaaaaad?

#11HaMMeRHeaD25Posted 3/30/2014 12:15:22 PM
teir posted...
HaMMeRHeaD25 posted...
Played for not even thirty minutes before uninstalling. Had a few laughs but there's no depth at all. Neat little sandbox is all

lol did you expect any depth?

I didn't expect the game to be as shallow as it was. I didn't know what to expect, but I was mildly disappointed.
---
Ya ave a license fa dem dubs?
#12Hi CPosted 3/30/2014 12:17:40 PM
VandelayInc posted...
you mean the miley cyrus simulator thats coming out tomorrow?

They've had blow up dolls for a long time.
---
You'll be my John G.
#13R i c kPosted 3/30/2014 12:28:27 PM(edited)
I watched a YouTube video of it. About 10 minutes of that left me more satisfied and $5 richer than I would have been had I bought it. I can understand the appeal of sandbox games but even as a sandbox, there's not much to do aside from run around and break stuff... as a goat... as if that makes it worthwhile.

Jprime666 posted...
It's bait for the pewdiepie's of YouTube.
Pretty much this. It will be a game that's feature on every channel there is, no doubt.
---
The SilentCaay Channel - www.youtube.com/user/silentcaay
Competitive gaming featuring APB: Reloaded, Hearthstone and others.
#14Chosen_one_41Posted 3/30/2014 12:35:19 PM
So it's a Tony Hawk type game but you play as a goat? That sounds like a lot of fun actually.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/chosen_one_41
I'm a gamer, I care about games. I really don't care which platform it's on.
#15ConkerPosted 3/30/2014 1:07:39 PM
Chosen_one_41 posted...
So it's a Tony Hawk type game but you play as a goat? That sounds like a lot of fun actually.

Which, as others have said, is probably going to be something that sounds fun and interesting from the concept, but delivers more on that and presentation than actually playing it for a long time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a bad value or game for those things, just that many people see stuff like this and throw money at their screen over actually thinking it'll be worth it for them to play.
---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!
#16teirPosted 3/30/2014 1:58:01 PM
But this is the kind of game that will be on sale like 20 times during the Steam summer sale.
#17wizardmonPosted 3/30/2014 1:58:36 PM
yall' just mad you can't do a mid air 720 front flip light post lick and stick the prefect landing.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#18TruePowerSeekerPosted 3/30/2014 2:02:53 PM
I see it being like Gmod. Very bare bones but the community will go wild and before you know it there will be a GvG mode with light saber tongues and stilts.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alX4leh13s8
#19Ch3wyPosted 3/30/2014 2:07:08 PM
I was surprised I ended up liking it so much. It's genuinely entertaining.

No it doesn't have a lot of depth, but it does have plenty of modding potential. Base game I can't see most people spending over 5 hours on. Which isn't that bad for $10.

Got about 4 hours clocked myself and still need to find about 5 collectibles.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#20EpicKingdom_Posted 3/30/2014 2:11:02 PM
VandelayInc posted...
you mean the miley cyrus simulator thats coming out tomorrow?

That would be far from bad. I'd like to party and have sex as Miley.
---
You're not Master Race until the Gaben reveals himself before you. ALL of himself. https://www.youtube.com/user/PCGamingMasterRace87/videos