This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I've been playing a lot of CoD4 recently...

#1Grunt40Posted 3/30/2014 3:40:19 PM
And boy is that still one hell of an online game. Even after all these years (6 or 7?) it still holds as one of my favorite shooters of all time. Are there any shooters that are as good as CoD4 that I can play? I've been thinking of getting Titanfall, but the beta didn't entirely impress me and I keep hearing that the replayability is fairly low for an online game.
---
Worst Shaco NA.
#2fastitocalonPosted 3/30/2014 3:42:22 PM
Grunt40 posted...
And boy is that still one hell of an online game. Even after all these years (6 or 7?) it still holds as one of my favorite shooters of all time. Are there any shooters that are as good as CoD4 that I can play? I've been thinking of getting Titanfall, but the beta didn't entirely impress me and I keep hearing that the replayability is fairly low for an online game.

I think that Bad Company 2 is as fun as CoD 4. Other than them two though I've been fairly unimpressed with multiplayer shooters overall. Titanfall is really good and I enjoy it a lot but If you expect to play it as a main go to game then no, it won't last very long before you are bored.
---
When your school shrink told you that you're "special" she meant that you're dumb... not that YOU are an exception to the request-rule on isonews.
#3Grunt40(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2014 4:01:37 PM
fastitocalon posted...
Grunt40 posted...

I think that Bad Company 2 is as fun as CoD 4. Other than them two though I've been fairly unimpressed with multiplayer shooters overall. Titanfall is really good and I enjoy it a lot but If you expect to play it as a main go to game then no, it won't last very long before you are bored.

Ah yes, Bad Company 2... I've logged just as many hours into that game as I have CoD4. How's BF4? I know it launched with a lot of problems, but have they been sorted out since then?
---
Worst Shaco NA.
#4KabtheMentatPosted 3/30/2014 4:17:15 PM
Grunt40 posted...
fastitocalon posted...
Grunt40 posted...

Ah yes, Bad Company 2... I've logged just as many hours into that game as I have CoD4. How's BF4? I know it launched with a lot of problems, but have they been sorted out since then?

BF4 is a good game, but there's still a lot of problems with it.
---
Yeeaah...Somebody must've killed Darryl. Cuz that's what the guy had said.
#5Grunt40(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2014 4:43:08 PM
KabtheMentat posted...
Grunt40 posted...
fastitocalon posted...
Grunt40 posted...

That's a shame, what are the main problems with it? Is it just imbalanced or have they never sorted out the network issues?
---
Worst Shaco NA.
#6Grimlink132Posted 3/30/2014 5:14:41 PM
how are the servers for cod 4? are they super laggy and desolate? or can you always find a low ping fullish server?
#7ClouddxPosted 3/30/2014 5:29:45 PM
Grimlink132 posted...
how are the servers for cod 4? are they super laggy and desolate? or can you always find a low ping fullish server?

Of course you can find servers with low ping and no lag, it's a PC game which means it has dedicated servers.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#8Grunt40(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2014 5:53:31 PM
Grimlink132 posted...

Every server is a dedicated server, so I guess it depends on the server you choose and how much ping it has, but I never have problems finding populated servers, even at 1am.
---
Worst Shaco NA.
#9Silent Sniper IVPosted 3/30/2014 6:15:34 PM
The servers are pretty stupid. In FFA mode the majority of the servers use 60 person caps, in a game designed around 8 person FFA. The one stable server I did find with sane playercaps had enforced rules like, "No jumping to avoid getting shot". It's the most stupid thing I've seen all week.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#10KabtheMentatPosted 3/30/2014 6:46:52 PM
Grunt40 posted...
KabtheMentat posted...
Grunt40 posted...
fastitocalon posted...
Grunt40 posted...

That's a shame, what are the main problems with it? Is it just imbalanced or have they never sorted out the network issues?

The balance is off, grenade spam, and the netcode/hit detection is atrocious.
---
Yeeaah...Somebody must've killed Darryl. Cuz that's what the guy had said.