This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark souls 2 or Diablo 3 with xpac

#11ShadowThaReaperPosted 3/30/2014 10:44:39 PM
souljah11 posted...
Shadow is it trash to you because online only? I heard it's getting on ps4 and xbox 360, if p.c. version isf worse I could get dark souls 2 now and reaper of souls on consoles. I'm kinda leaning to D3 on p.c now and DS2 on xbox 360 later. My ps4 also output performs my p.c. but I don't think it matters to much for D3.

It's also trash because it's a horrifically dumbed down game. If you want a good ARPG, then play Diablo 2, or Path of Exile, which is free.
#12souljah11(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2014 10:54:45 PM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
souljah11 posted...
Shadow is it trash to you because online only? I heard it's getting on ps4 and xbox 360, if p.c. version isf worse I could get dark souls 2 now and reaper of souls on consoles. I'm kinda leaning to D3 on p.c now and DS2 on xbox 360 later. My ps4 also output performs my p.c. but I don't think it matters to much for D3.

It's also trash because it's a horrifically dumbed down game. If you want a good ARPG, then play Diablo 2, or Path of Exile, which is free.

I played d2 to death. Path of exile I might give it a chance again but the crusader looks really fun I really want to main that class.
---
Romans 1:16
#13ConkerPosted 3/30/2014 11:02:35 PM(edited)
souljah11 posted...

I played Diablo 1 and 2, but haven't touched the series in nearly 10 years. I didn't have a lot of interest back when D3 launched so I didn't plan to pick it up, and then the negativity and haters after launch just kind of pushed me further away from ever considering playing, even if the "bad" things about it wouldn't affect me...like online only and the RMAH, wouldn't have mattered to me.

Anyways, due to a few people I know having the game and asking if I'd like to play with them...I ended up getting it after a price drop last month and starting. I've had an absolute blast! It's relatively simple but just FUN (I started on expert with my familiarity from gaming even) and I may not have played much in this genre since years ago (Sacred 2, Titan Quest, Torchlight 1 and 2), and maybe I just didn't play those enough to get into them, but Diablo 3 has been something I have gotten into and just don't want to put down when I get playing it. I'm almost through with my second character to 60, and still have the expansion options/class/act to see/play through.

The fact you can play a character through part of the first Act without buying the game, and that's essentially the gameplay throughout the rest of it and the point anyways, should tell you how fun it is repeatedly wrecking mobs for loot, leveling, and increase abilities/power combinations to decide if you could do it for hours after purchase or you shouldn't.

Honestly, the people that say you should just play Diablo 2, are just being ridiculous haters from me having played the rest of the series. The core gameplay and experience is exactly the same. There are differences in skills, story, "end game," and loot, etc. but the basis of the main "game" you're playing is killing s*** for loot on an endless cycle and continually "leveling" up to be even stronger and more badass to continue doing it. If that sounds appealing to you from Diablo 1 and 2, then Diablo 3 is going to end up feeling the same. If you're like, "OMG I CAN'T PVP, F*** THIS GAME!" then your intentions/expectations are going to influence your opinion based on that over the core gameplay.

---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!
#14BogePosted 3/30/2014 11:11:49 PM
CatToy posted...
Diablo 3 with Reaper of Souls and then Dark Souls 2 in a month.

---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#15SlaynPosted 3/30/2014 11:38:01 PM
I haven't played ROS, but I played Diablo 3 when it came out for a month straight, I think 150 hours in that month. Played with friends. They all quit and I quit. The game is probably better, but I find it is only fun with friends.

Dark Souls 2 is great solo. The online is actually probably better with randoms than friends because of how it works. It is just mysterious, getting help from random strangers, being invaded by people... adds to the atmosphere since you really can't chat.

I would say if you have friends, Diablo 3. If you don't Dark Souls 2 is probably more fun. IMHO.
---
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.
#16SnipeStarPosted 3/31/2014 12:11:12 AM
diablo 3 no contest
---
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | 2x GTX 680 4GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x 600GB Raptor / 2x 1TB WD RE3 | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
#17Fade2black001Posted 3/31/2014 2:21:58 AM
SnipeStar posted...
diablo 3 no contest

---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#18Cool_Dude667Posted 3/31/2014 3:06:08 AM
Fade2black001 posted...
SnipeStar posted...
diablo 3 no contest

---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#19PolarisPosted 3/31/2014 3:11:15 AM
If you're deciding between 2 games and one of them has a strong online component while the other doesn't, try the online one first because the community will deteriorate with time so you will get a better experience that way. Changes in the community won't matter for the single player game.
#20SinfullyvannilaPosted 3/31/2014 8:34:45 AM(edited)
ShadowThaReaper posted...
souljah11 posted...

ARPGs make for great dumb fun. I honestly don't know why its a big complaint, having played all those games.

If you want a brainy game, ARPG is a ****-poor genre.

TC, I recommend Dark Souls 2. I enjoyed D3 when it came out, but RoS looks underwhelming for the price point for me.
---
Friend Code 3050-7626-8586 Abra/Sigilyph/Gothorita FS, PM me for FS trades.