This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ASUS monitor warranty and replacement?

#1hunter1235Posted 3/30/2014 11:51:51 PM
Hey guys,
I have an ASUS VS247H-P 23" monitor (bought it January 2012) and I believe the warranty is 3 years?
http://support.asus.com/Warranty.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=VS247H-P&p=13&s=29

The problem is, about 3 months ago (haven't used it since) the actual LCD would turn off and on every 10-15 seconds and then closer and closer again (while the power LED was still on). Within minutes this was followed by static lines across the screen and more power ons and power-ups. If I turn it off and let it "rest" it'll work again for 10-15 minutes without problems but then start acting up. I've tried multiple HDMI and power cables, doesn't seem to help.

Is anyone familiar with ASUS monitor RMA/replacements and how reliable they are at honoring their warranty on monitors for this sort of issue? - I never dropped it or kept it on excessively, problem just came up one day randomly.
---
PC: HD 5850 - i5 750 - G.Skill 4GB DDR3 1600 - Cavier Blue 500GB - CM Storm Scout - Gigabyte P55MUD2 - Corsaid 600W CX600M- ASUS 23" 1920x1080
#2Fade2black001Posted 3/31/2014 1:17:16 AM
hunter1235 posted...
Hey guys,
I have an ASUS VS247H-P 23" monitor (bought it January 2012) and I believe the warranty is 3 years?
http://support.asus.com/Warranty.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=VS247H-P&p=13&s=29

The problem is, about 3 months ago (haven't used it since) the actual LCD would turn off and on every 10-15 seconds and then closer and closer again (while the power LED was still on). Within minutes this was followed by static lines across the screen and more power ons and power-ups. If I turn it off and let it "rest" it'll work again for 10-15 minutes without problems but then start acting up. I've tried multiple HDMI and power cables, doesn't seem to help.

Is anyone familiar with ASUS monitor RMA/replacements and how reliable they are at honoring their warranty on monitors for this sort of issue? - I never dropped it or kept it on excessively, problem just came up one day randomly.

I contacted their support once for my monitor and they were very helpful. I never went through sending my monitor in as it wasn't needed ot worth it to me. From what I inderstand is that you will have to ship the monitor to where they say to and then they will get to it when they can. So like in 2 weeks or so you should have it back.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#3Killah PriestPosted 3/31/2014 6:18:37 AM
Monitors they ship you the replacement and then you ship them back the broken one after you get the replacement.

If thats not default I at least know they and almost everyone now has the "advanced rma" option where you give them a credit card and they put a deposit hold on your card for the price of the item then ship you out the replacement before you send back the broken one. They obviously release the charge once they recieve the broken one.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#4hunter1235(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2014 12:21:31 AM
Sweet, sounds simple enough: Anyone know how long the warranty is and what it covers?
---
PC: HD 5850 - i5 750 - G.Skill 4GB DDR3 1600 - Cavier Blue 500GB - CM Storm Scout - Gigabyte P55MUD2 - Corsaid 600W CX600M- ASUS 23" 1920x1080