This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good games I may have missed? (Just getting back into pc gaming)

#1AnimeAddict2003Posted 3/31/2014 5:34:17 AM
I just bought a new gaming pc, 16gb ram, GTX760 graphics card and i7 processor

I've had a xbox 360 / one, but not had a gaming pc for a few years. What are some good games that aren't on Xbox to get? I like the look of starbound, or whatever it's called (terraria in space)

What else would be worth buying?
---
Xbox GT: Atias85
Currently playing: Dark Souls 2.
#2TruePowerSeekerPosted 3/31/2014 6:00:52 AM
Goat Simulator comes out tomorrow.

You could try Planetside 2 but it takes a while to get into.

Smite is rather fun take on MOBAs.

Shogun 2 is the best Total War to date.

Natural Selection 2 is an extremely fun asymmetrical FPS.

Dota 2 is the best MOBA out now.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alX4leh13s8
#3AnimeAddict2003(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2014 6:08:33 AM
I've seen Pewds and Delerious playing goat simulator on their you tube channels. Looks like a hoot!! But is there an actual point to the game or are you just left to your own devices?
---
Xbox GT: Atias85
Currently playing: Dark Souls 2.
#4Ch3wyPosted 3/31/2014 6:11:10 AM
There are some quests to complete. Pretty short to run through all of those, except for the collectibles given you don't use a guide.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#5TruePowerSeekerPosted 3/31/2014 6:12:15 AM
AnimeAddict2003 posted...
I've seen Pewds and Delerious playing goat simulator on their you tube channels. Looks like a hoot!! But is there an actual point to the game or are you just left to your own devices?

It is like Gmod. It is a platform for mods to be built on. The base game has no point but as a toy box.

If you like Gmod but always wished it had more goats Goat Simulator is for you.
---
#6Bellum_SacrumPosted 3/31/2014 6:12:33 AM

Nope, it's not an actual game, but the 360 influx peasants pretending to be PC gamers will jump on anything even barely exclusive nowadays...
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#7Ch3wyPosted 3/31/2014 6:17:12 AM
It's really more comparable to Tony Hawk Pro Skater than Garry's Mod.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#8TruePowerSeekerPosted 3/31/2014 6:20:20 AM(edited)
Bellum_Sacrum posted...

Nope, it's not an actual game, but the 360 influx peasants pretending to be PC gamers will jump on anything even barely exclusive nowadays...

You seem like a very angry man. Did you have a horrible accident as a child with a goat which caused you to not be able to have fun?

Not every game has to be super well structured with a fleshed out world and objectives. $10 games are allowed to be stupid and random fun.

Ch3wy posted...
It's really more comparable to Tony Hawk Pro Skater than Garry's Mod.

Yeah but the Gmod comparison is more about the game is a bit bare but the fate of the game lies with the modding community for it.

Gmod has spawned so many weird game modes and unique mechanics from the modding scene and Goat Sim is relying on that same ingenuity and free thinking.
---
#9kill2thisPosted 3/31/2014 6:51:43 AM
If you're interested in Goat Sim, its purchasable from their site you get a Steam key straight away so you don't have to wait until tomorrow.
#10Ch3wyPosted 3/31/2014 7:07:20 AM
kill2this posted...
If you're interested in Goat Sim, its purchasable from their site you get a Steam key straight away so you don't have to wait until tomorrow.

Yeah it really came out last Friday. They said you get to play early if you pre-order... but if you could do that at any time before the game is released then that just means it's already out.
---