This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Remember all those awesome Square Enix PC releases we've been getting lately?

#11stav8Posted 4/1/2014 10:25:36 PM
Pretty sure a big part of the interview said they were going to cater to 'core' fans and not the masses which is a good thing. Hopefully now we will get a true hitman sequel as absolution sucked
#12Kreeping DeathPosted 4/1/2014 10:26:41 PM
ITT SquareEnix developed Deus Ex, Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider, and Sleeping Dogs.
---
Pod 6 is jerks.
http://www.last.fm/user/CommodoreKD
#13DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/1/2014 10:32:32 PM
blax34dm posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
UnderwaterAir posted...
In my opinion, every game after FFX from Square has just been horrible.

FFX was their last good game. They need to go back to how their games were before that.

And don't say it's nostalgia goggles or anything either.

I went back and played Chrono Trigger start to finish and loved it all over again.
I played Sieken Densetsu 3 again and gods, it's freaking amazing.

Many games have the typical Japanese style storytelling where gaps are seemingly left in but the gameplay and story that you do get are amazing and wonderful still. FFIX's script is wonderful and brings me to tears at some moments.

But after FFX? >_>
Aside from Lightning from FFXIII being an amazing woman it's all pretty meh...

If FFX was the last game you liked, it was nostalgia, plain and simple. That was an awful game through and through.
Also, they made quite a few good games for DS. I didn't too much like their non-port PSP games, but other people seem to.

Seems like it's on quite a few best games ever lists to be purely nostalgia.

Most "best games ever" lists are driven by nostalgia, not objective analysis.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#14TropicMoon10Posted 4/1/2014 11:50:43 PM
Bravely Default was made by SE Japan, which is focused on RPGs regardless. The more serious action oriented games are only published by them - and that's the western part of Square anyway,
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#15SupesOneMillionPosted 4/2/2014 12:02:51 AM
Absolution at max difficulty and no assistance was really the only way to enjoy it, I actually don't mind that they made it more casual if it sells more...then we get more titles. HUGE FAN! Sleeping Dogs, good start for a new IP, they better expand tenfold if they're to find continued success. The DLCs sucked balls too. Tomb Raider...meh was impressed but indifferent. Deus Ex...AMAZING..gimme moar take me damn cash moneis' bruhhh. So yea, pretty good track record thusfar.
#16Bellum_SacrumPosted 4/2/2014 2:47:42 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
UnderwaterAir posted...

FFX was their last good game. They need to go back to how their games were before that.

And don't say it's nostalgia goggles or anything either.

I went back and played Chrono Trigger start to finish and loved it all over again.
I played Sieken Densetsu 3 again and gods, it's freaking amazing.

Many games have the typical Japanese style storytelling where gaps are seemingly left in but the gameplay and story that you do get are amazing and wonderful still. FFIX's script is wonderful and brings me to tears at some moments.

But after FFX? >_>
Aside from Lightning from FFXIII being an amazing woman it's all pretty meh...

If FFX was the last game you liked, it was nostalgia, plain and simple. That was an awful game through and through.
Also, they made quite a few good games for DS. I didn't too much like their non-port PSP games, but other people seem to.

Or maybe because it was the last game released by Square in the west, plain and simple.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#17rupok93Posted 4/2/2014 3:49:29 AM
Wtf? I thought this was good news. This just means SQ is gonna bring more Jrpgs to the west after bravely defaults success. It may even mean we will get more jrpgs on pc as well. I highly doubt they are gonna change their western devs to make jrpgs.

Way to poke at something good op, you are an idiot.
#18Rolen47Posted 4/2/2014 4:07:15 AM
Ever since they merged with Enix I've been disappointed in them. What they do doesn't matter to me.
#19SinisterSlayPosted 4/2/2014 4:22:22 AM
Ff10 was awesome, turn based rules. Ff12 was the only ff game I could never finish since the combat and story is just awful and it feels like a grindy mmo.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#20Born LuckyPosted 4/2/2014 4:35:53 AM
UnderwaterAir posted...

FFX sucked.

FFXII was much better.

Everything after XII has been horrible.
---
I was talking to the parrot - Poirot