This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Remember all those awesome Square Enix PC releases we've been getting lately?

#31Bellum_SacrumPosted 4/2/2014 6:19:47 AM
Le0nMagnis posted...
Stop saying nonsense. Have you not even a idea of how to sell something? You can't make something aiming to get everyone as your public. You need to focus in what the people that will buy the game want to play.

Imagine making a Gran Turismo where you can get outta your car and play soccer, then you can level your pilot as a Princess Maker game, learning to be polite and mount horses. Who would buy that? 100 people that think it's innovative?

You just described the Grand Theft Auto series. Pretty much explains why it's so niche and unpopular.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#32Ch3wyPosted 4/2/2014 6:21:34 AM
Le0nMagnis posted...

Imagine making a Gran Turismo where you can get outta your car and play soccer, then you can level your pilot as a Princess Maker game, learning to be polite and mount horses. Who would buy that? 100 people that think it's innovative?

That would be pretty sweet actually. I've always wanted to be both a racecar driver and a princess.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#33samuraigaidenPosted 4/2/2014 6:22:22 AM
TC, are you talking about the awesome Square Enix PC releases like Hitman Absolution and Thief? Or maybe you are going back to Kane & Lynch and Front Mission Evolved?

So many great Square Enix PC releases, it's hard to choose from!.

(laugh track, drum roll)
#34samuraigaidenPosted 4/2/2014 6:23:23 AM
Ch3wy posted...
Le0nMagnis posted...

That would be pretty sweet actually. I've always wanted to be both a racecar driver and a princess.

Yes, I want a Gran Turismo Princess Maker Open World Soccer game. I'd buy it for 60 dollars.
#35LoshadtPosted 4/2/2014 6:28:07 AM
If Square Enix went back to their actual roots then I see nothing wrong with that. It's been a while since I've played a good JRPG and having something in the vein of the older Final Fantasy games or Bravely Default on PC would be a nice change of pace.
---
Remember to hug you're waifu.
#36DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/2/2014 6:35:03 AM
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
If FFX was the last game you liked, it was nostalgia, plain and simple. That was an awful game through and through.
Also, they made quite a few good games for DS. I didn't too much like their non-port PSP games, but other people seem to.

Or maybe because it was the worst game released by Square in the west, plain and simple.

fix'd.

Not sure you understand how the "fix'd" meme works. It was the last game released by Square in the west.

More importantly, it was the worst.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#37renzsweetPosted 4/2/2014 7:16:29 AM
I have gone back and played ps1/2 games I never played at release and liked several more than any recent releases. That blows away the nostalgia argument (as if nostalgia is inherently bad). And on a side note, EVERY game playing device has peasents.
---
I praise the name of Jesus.
#38SinisterSlayPosted 4/2/2014 7:18:14 AM
renzsweet posted...
I have gone back and played ps1/2 games I never played at release and liked several more than any recent releases. That blows away the nostalgia argument (as if nostalgia is inherently bad). And on a side note, EVERY game playing device has peasents.

My thoughts exactly. I did the same thing. I missed most of the ps1/ps2/snes JRPG's. And when I play them now in my old age, I find them fun. Much more so than the newer stuff.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#39ShadowThaReaperPosted 4/2/2014 7:19:14 AM
Squeenix is a developer and a publisher. All the western games are ones they published.

Getting back to their roots doesn't mean they're going to stop publishing games.
#40r0ge00Posted 4/2/2014 7:41:36 AM
I'm really not going to complain if we get more games like Bravely Default.