This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best PC build for $7000?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best PC build for $7000?

User Info: r0ge00

r0ge00
2 years ago#11
Titan Z + Haswell-E when it comes out.

User Info: killa1096

killa1096
2 years ago#12
Here's the build I came up with, I searched up the best graphics card and everything, and this is what came up (I know it's over $7000, but I don't care anymore.).

Graphics card: NVIDIA Quadro K5000 graphics card

CPU: Intel Core i7-3960X Extreme Edition Hexa-Core processor 3.3 GHz 15 MB cache

Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth z77 LGA 1155 Intel z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Case: Cooler Master HAF-X Full Tower computer case with USB 3.0 and windowed side panel

Ethernet card: HP NC552SFP 10 Gigabit Ethernet card - PCI Express x8

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory

SSD: Samsung Electronics 840 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5 inch SATA III Single unit version Internal Solid State Drive

External HDD: Seagate Expansion 1TB Portable External Hard Drive

How does this sound?

User Info: Shub

Shub
2 years ago#13
killa1096 posted...
Here's the build I came up with, I searched up the best graphics card and everything, and this is what came up (I know it's over $7000, but I don't care anymore.).

Graphics card: NVIDIA Quadro K5000 graphics card

CPU: Intel Core i7-3960X Extreme Edition Hexa-Core processor 3.3 GHz 15 MB cache

Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth z77 LGA 1155 Intel z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Case: Cooler Master HAF-X Full Tower computer case with USB 3.0 and windowed side panel

Ethernet card: HP NC552SFP 10 Gigabit Ethernet card - PCI Express x8

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory

SSD: Samsung Electronics 840 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5 inch SATA III Single unit version Internal Solid State Drive

External HDD: Seagate Expansion 1TB Portable External Hard Drive

How does this sound?

It sounds like you have absolutely no idea what you're doing.
Assuming you're serious:
- You don't want a Quadro card for gaming
- The CPU is outdated
- The motherboard won't work with the CPU
- Do you have a large scale local area network that is 10 GbE compliant from end to end?
- $7000+ and a 250 GB SSD?
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
2 years ago#14
Has TC never heard of diminished returns?
http://i.imgur.com/L2ASIya.gif
http://i.imgur.com/5hUcbcx.gif

User Info: robert022614

robert022614
2 years ago#15
r0ge00 posted...
Titan Z + Haswell-E when it comes out.

i thought titan z was not a gaming card and you would get better performance with sli 780 ti or titan blacks

User Info: Shub

Shub
2 years ago#16
robert022614 posted...
i thought titan z was not a gaming card

Of course it is, why wouldn't it be? They wouldn't release it under the GeForce name if it wasn't a gaming card.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: r0ge00

r0ge00
2 years ago#17
robert022614 posted...
i thought titan z was not a gaming card and you would get better performance with sli 780 ti or titan blacks

That's only something Nvidia fanboys say when someone brings up the "lol $3,000 video card" statement. It has been marketed as a gaming card since it was announced by Nvidia.

User Info: robert022614

robert022614
2 years ago#18
r0ge00 posted...
robert022614 posted...

That's only something Nvidia fanboys say when someone brings up the "lol $3,000 video card" statement. It has been marketed as a gaming card since it was announced by Nvidia.

i dont get how that has anything to do with nvidia fanboys as i think most people dont give a crap about that card that no one will own

User Info: LOLIAmAnAlt

LOLIAmAnAlt
2 years ago#19
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3lojS
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

User Info: Xeeh_Bitz

Xeeh_Bitz
2 years ago#20
r0ge00 posted...
robert022614 posted...

It's $3,000, it's not practical to own it unless you're a developer of some sorts or just got more money than sense.

2 Titan Blacks > than the Z and for a grand less
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best PC build for $7000?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived