This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone ever use Skype and Line. Whats the difference between the two?

#1RemixDeluxePosted 4/2/2014 1:14:25 PM
They seem to be exact 1:1 copies of each other except for their name alone.

Anything different between the two I should know?
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#2RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2014 4:35:47 PM
Bump
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#3tinfoil21Posted 4/2/2014 5:12:36 PM
Never heard of Line, but I don't use either.
#4ZeeeeebraPosted 4/2/2014 7:14:55 PM
Line is huge here in Japan, probably the rest of Asia too. Everyone here has it on their phone and uses it instead of sms/mms.
I dont know about skype, but Line has stickers which are kinda fun to use. The good ones cost money but they always have their free coin campaign going where you can watch videos or download apps and get coins to go towards the paid stickers. It doesnt take very long to get enough to get a set of paid stickerfors free.

Really though, just use whatever your friends are on. Theres no point getting one if everyone else is using the other.
#5RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2014 7:37:34 PM
Zeeeeebra posted...
Line is huge here in Japan, probably the rest of Asia too. Everyone here has it on their phone and uses it instead of sms/mms.
I dont know about skype, but Line has stickers which are kinda fun to use. The good ones cost money but they always have their free coin campaign going where you can watch videos or download apps and get coins to go towards the paid stickers. It doesnt take very long to get enough to get a set of paid stickerfors free.

Really though, just use whatever your friends are on. Theres no point getting one if everyone else is using the other.

Thanks for the input, seems like that sticker thing is the selling point for Line that puts it above Skype. Are the paid stickers completely yours forever or is it for a certain amount of months? I got some stickers (not paid) from a friend invite event and they will expire in September, just wondering if paid stickers expire too.
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#6ZeeeeebraPosted 4/2/2014 9:20:08 PM
Paid stickers never expire, so they are yours forever. That includes ones you get from free coins as well.
I dont really recommend ever paying for stickers because it doesnt take long to get 100 coins using free coins. Ive gotten about 3 sets for free so far, and have 200 plus coins that im saving for later.
#7RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2014 10:31:08 PM
Zeeeeebra posted...
Paid stickers never expire, so they are yours forever. That includes ones you get from free coins as well.
I dont really recommend ever paying for stickers because it doesnt take long to get 100 coins using free coins. Ive gotten about 3 sets for free so far, and have 200 plus coins that im saving for later.

sounds like a game in itself. Do you get coins from daily use or something similar?
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#8Kokuei05Posted 4/2/2014 10:35:10 PM
Sounds like a GPT. Sketchy but effective way for them to make advertising money and they pay you in no cash value stickers. Heh.
---
Xeon x3220 @ 3.3Ghz [367*9] | Hyper 212 EVO | GA-EP45-UD3L | Mushkin 4GB DDR2-800 | EA-430W | 1GB 560 AC Twin Turbo II | WD 500 GB | AL1916W | G400s | HTF600-S
#9ZeeeeebraPosted 4/3/2014 3:14:45 AM
RemixDeluxe posted...
sounds like a game in itself. Do you get coins from daily use or something similar?

Nah, but they have a lot of promotions going all the time. Like I said before, everyone here in Japan uses it so I guess a lot of companies are trying to advertise through it.
They often have short commercials you can watch that give you something like 3 coins, and they are always pushing apps which give you 15 coins if you download them. You only have to boot them up once to get the coins, so I will just download it, open it, wait about five seconds then uninstall it.

There are quite a few free sets available, so it's not necessary to do the free coin stuff unless you wanna get say, some Star Wars or Pokemon or whatever stickers.
#10ChaapPosted 4/3/2014 3:37:16 AM
are we talking about paper stickers? that you stick to things?
---
"Some people are just dumb"