This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are Macbook Pro's so popular? (Need laptop advice)

#1NordiniPosted 4/2/2014 1:19:13 PM
I live in a college town, and I'd say probably 98% of all laptops in this city are Macbooks. That's not an exaggeration. You could walk into a lecture hall of 250 people and not see a single windows laptop.

As someone who is considering getting a new laptop at some point in the next year, I'm wondering if I should be purchasing a new Macbook Pro.

Is it really just the Apple brand that appeals to people or is there actually something superior about the hardware in Macbook Pro's as compared to most Windows laptops?

My budget for a laptop would be in the $1500-$2000 range and I don't really game much on PCs.
---
Gentlemen understand that embezzlement, insider trading, tax fraud, and similar activities are not crimes. Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
#2zhenghanPosted 4/2/2014 1:19:57 PM
Get a macbook pro.
---
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish
#3rupok93Posted 4/2/2014 1:22:26 PM
Cause people are shills. There are many laptops just as think as the macbook pros, I think that's what appeals to most people, also they think just because it costs more its better.
#4Bellum_SacrumPosted 4/2/2014 1:24:48 PM
I've never met a Macbook owner that actually bought it. Just a heads up.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#5lost_withinPosted 4/2/2014 1:26:55 PM
Because everyone wants to be a hipster... but the problem is with hipsters, is that they are really sheeple...they just don't know it...
---
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity."
Harlan Ellison
#6Nordini(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2014 1:33:56 PM
So, what you guys are saying is if I bought a $1500 Windows laptop, it would be better than a $1500 Macbook Pro?
---
Gentlemen understand that embezzlement, insider trading, tax fraud, and similar activities are not crimes. Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
#7Bellum_SacrumPosted 4/2/2014 1:34:44 PM
Nordini posted...
So, what you guys are saying is if I bought a $1500 Windows laptop, it would be better than a $1500 Macbook Pro?

Define better.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#8ShubPosted 4/2/2014 1:36:54 PM
Nordini posted...

Perhaps, perhaps not. Depends on the laptop.
Macs don't necessarily go for raw horsepower (although the 15" Retina MBP is pretty powerful). Sure, it's easy to find a $1500 Windows laptop that will outperform a $1500 MacBook Pro, but will it be as light? Have as long a battery life? Have as nice a screen? Have as nice a trackpad? And don't forget Mac OS X is exclusive to Macs.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#9MaxCHEATER64Posted 4/2/2014 1:38:11 PM
Shub posted...
And don't forget Mac OS X is exclusive to Macs.

You say that as if it's a bad thing.
---
Specs: http://i.imgur.com/zkNfWZ0.png
#10ShubPosted 4/2/2014 1:40:18 PM
MaxCHEATER64 posted...
Shub posted...
And don't forget Mac OS X is exclusive to Macs.

You say that as if it's a bad thing.

...No? It's neither good nor bad, it's a fact.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.