This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, how's TESO?

#11KabtheMentatPosted 4/2/2014 2:45:13 PM
It's kinda hard to get that cool feeling you get when playing a TES game when you're just wandering the world and exploring crap...when there is 100 other people running around doing the exact same thing and quest you're doing.

It's hard to explain, but that's one of the things that really bugs me about MMOs. "You're a special hero in this world!" along with 10,000 other special heroes.
---
Yeeaah...Somebody must've killed Darryl. Cuz that's what the guy had said.
#12popping4itPosted 4/2/2014 2:47:50 PM
yah i think the only real major problem with ESO is the monthly fee and maybe thats whats causing the outlash. rather than admitting they're cheap they rather bash the game.

maybe when it goes f2p people will come around on it.
---
whens mahvel?
#13Lemur_HPosted 4/2/2014 2:49:09 PM
Would rather have a proper Elder Scrolls game with drop-in/out coop gameplay that scales enemy stats based on number of players in the party.

Don't need an MMORPG.
#14KabtheMentatPosted 4/2/2014 2:52:11 PM
Lemur_H posted...
Would rather have a proper Elder Scrolls game with drop-in/out coop gameplay that scales enemy stats based on number of players in the party.

Don't need an MMORPG.

I think a 2 player coop TES would be excellent. More than that would be ridiculous. Having 10 Dragonborns/Nevarines running around would be stupid IMO.
---
Yeeaah...Somebody must've killed Darryl. Cuz that's what the guy had said.
#15cancerstormPosted 4/2/2014 3:39:49 PM
play wow instead
---
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2996/cancerstorm.jpg
#16ramza_scythePosted 4/2/2014 4:00:35 PM
it's really bad. locking actual content, instead of just vanity stuff, based on how much you pay for your edition, and really just plays like a soulless elder scrolls with bad combat, and really a really bad UI
---
"if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything" ~ Wise man
And The Heavens Shall Tremble
#17Lemur_HPosted 4/2/2014 4:30:33 PM
KabtheMentat posted...
Lemur_H posted...

Don't need an MMORPG.

I think a 2 player coop TES would be excellent. More than that would be ridiculous. Having 10 Dragonborns/Nevarines running around would be stupid IMO.

Definitely small parties.

However, the game doesn't have to be built around the idea of this one savior of Tamriel. The players can be ordinary citizens that build their own story.

Was never a huge fan of the "You're the only one that can save us. ... All 60 million of you."
#18TimePharaohPosted 4/2/2014 6:35:39 PM
Loshadt posted...
popping4it posted...
almost seems like they were trying to make skyrim MMO.

Yeah I wonder how people could possibly think that is bad.
#19ATARIJAWAPosted 4/3/2014 12:02:37 AM
It's not that it's a bad game. It's perfectly serviceable as an mmo. It's just if you have played more than 1 mmo in the past ten years, ESO brings absolutely nothing new to the table. It's the same themepark gameplay that every game has had for the past 10 years. If that's you're thing you'll probably love it. If you're bored to death of the format as many people are you'll hate it and feel like you're just replaying older games with an ESO backfrop. There's nothing inherently wrong with it, it just doesn't do anything particularly great that makes it stand out other than being the newest game to market.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 116
#20my_name_is_EdPosted 4/3/2014 12:31:19 AM
popping4it posted...
yah i think the only real major problem with ESO is the monthly fee and maybe thats whats causing the outlash. rather than admitting they're cheap they rather bash the game.

maybe when it goes f2p people will come around on it.

GW2 does the same thing ESO does, and does it better, and it's only got a buy-in and microtransactions. ESO has a buy-in, microtransactions, and a sub.
---
http://puu.sh/7uzXq.jpg
Our dearest SBAllen. "Admin by day. Sailor Scout by night."