This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, how's TESO?

#21TES_NutPosted 4/3/2014 12:38:36 AM
There are no micro transactions. I always love this statment. it makes it immediately clear who has played it and who is just trolling.
---
"Sing of Manetheren, the sword that could not be broken
...Weep for Manetheren. Weep for what is lost forever"
#220cu_87Posted 4/3/2014 12:39:25 AM
TES_Nut posted...
There are no micro transactions. I always love this statment. it makes it immediately clear who has played it and who is just trolling.

Of course there are. You know the game was not released yet? Wait for tomorrow and the cash shop will appear ingame. I guarantee it.
---
Take action now! - https://thedaywefightback.org/international/
#23bkkorpsPosted 4/3/2014 3:37:49 AM
I played in a couple of the beta weekends, and I thought the game was alright. I like the skill progression system, though the combat gets a little stale after awhile (that may get better once you get to a higher level though).

That being said, it isn't worth $15 a month. if it was B2P with a vanity cash shop (a la GW2) I would pick it up, but after playing wow for so many years it is hard for me to get into an MMO with a subscription.
---
Religion is like circumcision. If you wait until someone is 21 to tell them about it, they probably won't be interested.
#24SythisTaruPosted 4/3/2014 3:51:35 AM
my_name_is_Ed posted...
popping4it posted...
yah i think the only real major problem with ESO is the monthly fee and maybe thats whats causing the outlash. rather than admitting they're cheap they rather bash the game.

maybe when it goes f2p people will come around on it.

GW2 does the same thing ESO does, and does it better, and it's only got a buy-in and microtransactions. ESO has a buy-in, microtransactions, and a sub.

ESO has microtransactions?
#25zxelmanPosted 4/3/2014 5:14:04 AM
ESO is suppose to be an MMO. If you want to do a more fair comparison, compare it to FFXIV. I don't think FFXIV triple-dips, but when there are expansions (if there isn't already any), I believe it double-dips at least.

I understand there are people out there that think 60-75 dollars per year is nothing, but paying that constantly for just one game alone is a little ridiculous. You essentially have to choose which game to sub to if there was more than one that you liked unless you want to pay over a hundred per year.

Money adds up, and I prefer to get my value, while keeping my games. If it was much cheaper per year, $30-40 or so, I'd consider it. But I doubt they will. I imagine they would still be doing better off since they hardly use much of their money for actually changing up the game, despite that there IS content being added, but hardly any better than F2P ones.
#26Knighted DragonPosted 4/3/2014 6:11:45 AM
My friend loves it, but I haven't played it so I can't say one way or the other
---
Matthew 7:21
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg
#27ThePCElitistPosted 4/3/2014 6:43:09 AM
zxelman posted...
ESO is suppose to be an MMO. If you want to do a more fair comparison, compare it to FFXIV. I don't think FFXIV triple-dips, but when there are expansions (if there isn't already any), I believe it double-dips at least.

I understand there are people out there that think 60-75 dollars per year is nothing, but paying that constantly for just one game alone is a little ridiculous. You essentially have to choose which game to sub to if there was more than one that you liked unless you want to pay over a hundred per year.

Money adds up, and I prefer to get my value, while keeping my games. If it was much cheaper per year, $30-40 or so, I'd consider it. But I doubt they will. I imagine they would still be doing better off since they hardly use much of their money for actually changing up the game, despite that there IS content being added, but hardly any better than F2P ones.

I'm subbed to 3 mmorpgs right now.
#28SpazH3dPosted 4/3/2014 6:48:00 AM
ThePCElitist posted...
zxelman posted...

I'm subbed to 3 mmorpgs right now.

Why would you do such a thing? You're paying 45 bucks every month for games you barely play.
---
- My vision is augmented
#29Cool_Dude667Posted 4/3/2014 9:49:47 AM
So much ignorance and arrogance in the topic xD
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#30CELTEKKPosted 4/3/2014 9:53:10 AM
Loshadt posted...
popping4it posted...
almost seems like they were trying to make skyrim MMO.

Yeah I wonder how people could possibly think that is bad.

icwotudidthar
---
psn:celtekk|steam:celtekk
3770k@4.8