This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is FTL Advanced edition patch coming out tonight at midnight or later?

#21SinisterSlayPosted 4/3/2014 1:14:56 PM
To the guy that died from invaders.
Get your med bay to level 2, then when you have invaders, move people to the med bay and vent all the oxygen. The med bay heals faster than lack of oxygen kills
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#22SinfullyvannilaPosted 4/3/2014 4:10:20 PM(edited)
Justice98405 posted...
Wow, I REALLY like Advanced Edition.

I just got done playing my first time with the expansion content, and I'm bad at this game, REALLY bad, I've never made it to the final sector, I die in the first sector way too much, etc.

Not only did I get full shields and a decent weapons loadout fairly quick (you seem to get a LOT more opportunities to get scrap in the Advanced Edition), I made it to the final sector for the first time. Got to the Flagship for the first time ever, and even got to the third and final stage of the Flagship. I ultimately died there because I was too overrun with invaders and just too many attacks from the ship at the same time. I never even got through the shields all the way.

But WOW! That was SO MUCH MORE FUN. I actually made progress for once, and have had my best run ever in this game, by a mile. Clearly the new content was part of that, so I'm really really liking this.

I just wanted to share that with everyone.

That's crazy. I'm having a much more difficult time(though I've only played with the new ship).

It absolutely needs a replacement damaging weapon, a bomb type weapon or a crew teleporter to get much of anything done after the first 2 sectors.
---
Friend Code 3050-7626-8586 Abra/Sigilyph/Gothorita FS, PM me for FS trades.
#23SinfullyvannilaPosted 4/3/2014 4:10:58 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
Get your med bay to level 2, then when you have invaders, move people to the med bay and vent all the oxygen. The med bay heals faster than lack of oxygen kills

No med bay in the new ship.
---
#24Phaser23Posted 4/3/2014 4:31:46 PM
Does it update through steam automatically?
#25SinfullyvannilaPosted 4/3/2014 4:32:57 PM
Yep, you have to toggle advanced options on in the ship select screen though.
---
#26SinisterSlayPosted 4/3/2014 7:46:02 PM
Sinfullyvannila posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

What? how do you heal people now?
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#27SinfullyvannilaPosted 4/4/2014 5:47:52 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
Sinfullyvannila posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

What? how do you heal people now?

The clone bay heals a set number of HP per jump.

The old ships still have medbays, and you can buy one as an augmentation for the new ship.
---
#28pothocketPosted 4/4/2014 6:16:51 AM
I was happy to see all the ships get a new C version. That's going to add a ton of gametime unlocking those. I took the B version of the starting ship to sector 8 last night and I forgot how long this game can take!
---
http://i.imgur.com/L2ASIya.gif
http://i.imgur.com/5hUcbcx.gif