This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ESO is coming out/ already is out, do you plan on getting it?

#1Jedi454Posted 4/3/2014 1:18:58 PM
ESO is coming out, do you plan on getting it? - Results (95 votes)
Yes.
15.79% (15 votes)
No, but I would if I didn't have a crappy subscription fee.
17.89% (17 votes)
No, but maybe in the future.
10.53% (10 votes)
No, not interested in it at all.
55.79% (53 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Vote now.
---
Fanboys are just children and grown men with neckbeards that live with their parents.
#2SinisterSlayPosted 4/3/2014 1:19:36 PM
Nope, not with a buy in + subscription + micro transactions.

If it was just one of those things, sure, but not all 3.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#3Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2014 1:21:07 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
Nope, not with a buy in + subscription + micro transactions.

If it was just one of those things, sure, but not all 3.

You're one of the good guys. +1 Respect.
---
Fanboys are just children and grown men with neckbeards that live with their parents.
#4Cool_Dude667Posted 4/3/2014 1:27:46 PM(edited)
The only micro transactions are for cosmetic/convenience, and if you cannot afford a sub fee the MMORPG genre just isn't for you. I want constant content patches, and not the paltry 'updates' from a F2P/B2P market.

I was pleasantly surprised how much fun I had during the beta, and last night my Cyrodiil campaign crowned the first Emperor and on the first night of early access we successfully stole a Elder Scroll ;D

My advice is don't listen to the misinformed trolls, go watch a stream or video and decide for yourself.

I didn't think a MMO could suck me in like vanilla WoW and BC did.
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#5MrMonkhousePosted 4/3/2014 1:27:08 PM
It looks like an average MMORPG. Even people on the twitch stream said the quests are boring.
---
http://i.imgur.com/j74SykU.gif
http://i.imgur.com/BcGVG.gif
#6TES_NutPosted 4/3/2014 1:28:44 PM
Except there are no microtransactions.
---
"Sing of Manetheren, the sword that could not be broken
...Weep for Manetheren. Weep for what is lost forever"
#7SinisterSlayPosted 4/3/2014 1:30:14 PM
Cool_Dude667 posted...
The only micro transactions are for cosmetic/convenience, and if you cannot afford a sub fee the MMORPG genre just isn't for you. I want constant content patches, and not the paltry 'updates' from a F2P/B2P market.

I was pleasantly surprised how much fun I had during the beta, and last night my Cyrodiil campaign crowned the first Emperor and on the first night of early access we successfully stole a Elder Scroll ;D

My advice is don't listen to the misinformed trolls, go watch a stream or video and decide for yourself.

I didn't think a MMO could suck me in like vanilla WoW and BC did.

Except....
for the 100 dollar buy in, you could by 20 5 dollar games.
For the 15 dollars a month you can have 3 more games every month
for the price of cosmetic items you can download free mods for your 56 games you bought in a single year.
And those 56 games will be way more fun than ESO.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#8Cool_Dude667Posted 4/3/2014 1:31:27 PM
That doesn't relate at all, none of those games EVOLVE over time, like a MMORPG does. Just stop.
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#9SinisterSlayPosted 4/3/2014 1:31:29 PM
TES_Nut posted...
Except there are no microtransactions.

The devs already confirmed there was micro transactions to cheat your way to better equipment and for cosmetic stuff.
---
#10SonyHoundDawgPosted 4/3/2014 1:31:36 PM
There aren't microtranscations though.

Having a horse, upgrade to imperial edition, barber or whatever in a cash isn't micro transactions. These are standard services for MMO's.

Microtransactions are more pay to win items just as stat increases, bonus exp for X amount of hours, or simply paying money to allow youself to gain more exp in one day, cause some free to play games have caps on those sorts of things.