This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ESO is coming out/ already is out, do you plan on getting it?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. ESO is coming out/ already is out, do you plan on getting it?
1 year ago#1
ESO is coming out, do you plan on getting it? - Results (95 votes)
Yes.
15.79% (15 votes)
No, but I would if I didn't have a crappy subscription fee.
17.89% (17 votes)
No, but maybe in the future.
10.53% (10 votes)
No, not interested in it at all.
55.79% (53 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Vote now.
---
Fanboys are just children and grown men with neckbeards that live with their parents.
1 year ago#2
Nope, not with a buy in + subscription + micro transactions.

If it was just one of those things, sure, but not all 3.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
1 year ago#3
SinisterSlay posted...
Nope, not with a buy in + subscription + micro transactions.

If it was just one of those things, sure, but not all 3.

You're one of the good guys. +1 Respect.
---
Fanboys are just children and grown men with neckbeards that live with their parents.
1 year ago#4
The only micro transactions are for cosmetic/convenience, and if you cannot afford a sub fee the MMORPG genre just isn't for you. I want constant content patches, and not the paltry 'updates' from a F2P/B2P market.

I was pleasantly surprised how much fun I had during the beta, and last night my Cyrodiil campaign crowned the first Emperor and on the first night of early access we successfully stole a Elder Scroll ;D

My advice is don't listen to the misinformed trolls, go watch a stream or video and decide for yourself.

I didn't think a MMO could suck me in like vanilla WoW and BC did.
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
1 year ago#5
It looks like an average MMORPG. Even people on the twitch stream said the quests are boring.
---
http://i.imgur.com/j74SykU.gif
http://i.imgur.com/BcGVG.gif
1 year ago#6
Except there are no microtransactions.
---
"Sing of Manetheren, the sword that could not be broken
...Weep for Manetheren. Weep for what is lost forever"
1 year ago#7
Cool_Dude667 posted...
The only micro transactions are for cosmetic/convenience, and if you cannot afford a sub fee the MMORPG genre just isn't for you. I want constant content patches, and not the paltry 'updates' from a F2P/B2P market.

I was pleasantly surprised how much fun I had during the beta, and last night my Cyrodiil campaign crowned the first Emperor and on the first night of early access we successfully stole a Elder Scroll ;D

My advice is don't listen to the misinformed trolls, go watch a stream or video and decide for yourself.

I didn't think a MMO could suck me in like vanilla WoW and BC did.

Except....
for the 100 dollar buy in, you could by 20 5 dollar games.
For the 15 dollars a month you can have 3 more games every month
for the price of cosmetic items you can download free mods for your 56 games you bought in a single year.
And those 56 games will be way more fun than ESO.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
1 year ago#8
That doesn't relate at all, none of those games EVOLVE over time, like a MMORPG does. Just stop.
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
1 year ago#9
TES_Nut posted...
Except there are no microtransactions.

The devs already confirmed there was micro transactions to cheat your way to better equipment and for cosmetic stuff.
---
1 year ago#10
There aren't microtranscations though.

Having a horse, upgrade to imperial edition, barber or whatever in a cash isn't micro transactions. These are standard services for MMO's.

Microtransactions are more pay to win items just as stat increases, bonus exp for X amount of hours, or simply paying money to allow youself to gain more exp in one day, cause some free to play games have caps on those sorts of things.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. ESO is coming out/ already is out, do you plan on getting it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived