This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ESO is coming out/ already is out, do you plan on getting it?

#21EpicKingdom_Posted 4/3/2014 1:50:24 PM
Blizzard ... I hear voices. DON'T.
---
You're not Master Race until the Gaben reveals himself before you. ALL of himself. https://www.youtube.com/user/PCGamingMasterRace87/videos
#22SnadadosPosted 4/3/2014 1:52:33 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. No.
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?
#23Jonny2284Posted 4/3/2014 1:52:37 PM
I tried one of those beta weekends, honestly it was just average, not good enough to justify pay to play and monthly fee, might give it a look in a year when it goes f2p.
#24Digital StormPosted 4/3/2014 1:54:33 PM
I considered it briefly but I'll probably return to my $90/month EVE habit along with a side of FFXIV.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#25Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2014 1:56:12 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Things aren't looking to well for ESO with the GameFAQs community, perhaps if the graphics weren't on par with Oblivion, it might've done a little better ;)

I was considering them at oblivion level. I think it's funny it duplicates the graphics glitches from oblivion like the giraffe neck.

I loved those type of glitches haha. Unacceptable for an MMO that requires a sub fee in 2014 though.
---
Fanboys are just children and grown men with neckbeards that live with their parents.
#26Cool_Dude667Posted 4/3/2014 1:57:58 PM
Born Lucky posted...
Cool_Dude667 posted...
The only micro transactions are for cosmetic/convenience, and if you cannot afford a sub fee the MMORPG genre just isn't for you.

1) I have great games that you can alter the characters appearance by changing every article of clothing, armor and weapon. These games came that way, no extra charge. . . just like it should be.

2) With so many great games out there, paying for a sub fee is out of the question. It has nothing to do with your stupid, condescending comment about not being able to afford it, it's the principle of the thing. Not only that - why would I pay a monthly fee for a game that's not as good as games I already have in my backlog, that have NO monthly fee? . . . Answer: I wouldn't, and I won't .

That comment wasn't meant to be condescending just the fact that a MMORPG needs new content regularly or it becomes stale and dies. The devs need a constant flow of money inorder to develop new raid encounters, balance pvp, add skills, add zones, etc.

The environment is unique in MMORPGs, it it always growing and evolving with the community. This is totally different than downloading a free (potentially buggy) mod for Fallout New Vegas that you get to enjoy in SP.

I don't see how having a backlog relates to playing a MMO, unless you really just prefer playing solo or don't enjoy MMORPGs.
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi