This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Gog.com a legit sight to buy PC games from?

#11pwnater777Posted 4/3/2014 7:11:01 PM
I love GOG.com, and I'd heavily recommend it, especially for older games (their specialty).

Got the original Fallout for free!
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#12Justice98405Posted 4/3/2014 7:13:29 PM
"Got the original Fallout for free!"

Yup, same here. Played it back when it first released on PC, but free for one of my all-time favorite games? Not passing that up! Got a couple other free games from them at times too, during other promotions.
---
To the mattresses.
3DS code: 2621-3902-1737, PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#13FenriswolfPosted 4/3/2014 9:35:53 PM
It's better than Steam, no DRM, plus no regional pricing.
---
Hello
#14jedinatPosted 4/3/2014 9:49:32 PM(edited)
I find it hard to believe one can be posting on this forum without having heard of GoG...

It's practically like asking "Is Steam a legit program, safe to buy from?"
#15AtheistaticPosted 4/3/2014 9:50:24 PM
GOG is fantastic for classic titles
---
There was a time when the Church ruled the world
It was called the Dark Ages
#16MarikhenPosted 4/3/2014 9:56:16 PM
jedinat posted...
I find it hard to believe one can be posting on this forum without having heard of GoG...

It's easily possible if they're relatively new to PC gaming and/or having disposable income and/or having little disposable income and found out about it while looking for places to score cheap games.

jedinat posted...
It's practically like asking "Is Steam a legit program, safe to buy from?"

Yeah, everyone knows that the answer to those are "no" and "no." :-D
---
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?
#17manga4micah(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2014 4:27:12 AM
I actually am fairly new to PC gaming that is why i didn't know about Gog.com and i actually had no idea what Steam was until about a month ago.
#18SilentHawk29Posted 4/7/2014 5:41:21 AM
****ing hate World of Warcraft as everyone thinks the letter "O" is lower case in every acronym now and don't base it on the actual word.
---
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#19danscloud9Posted 4/7/2014 5:50:58 AM
manga4micah posted...
I actually am fairly new to PC gaming that is why i didn't know about Gog.com and i actually had no idea what Steam was until about a month ago.

I'm new to PC gaming, so I can understand that. I'll always love my consoles, but it's nice having the freedom of choice and selection of cheap games that PC offers. On top of GOG, you should check out Humble Bundle and some of the other bundle sites, if you're into indy games.
---
PSN: Locke_VI
#20DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiCPosted 4/7/2014 8:57:11 AM
I knew about GOG, but never really thought about getting anything from them, until in December Warren Ellis told his Twitter followers that Hostile Waters - Antaeus Rising, a game he wrote, was on there for like $5. Not only did Ellis(one of my all-time favorite writers) write it, but it's narrated by Tom Baker. I'm surprised the internet didn't explode.
---
"Jon Jones and Bendo just slaying mother f***ers in the name of the lord" -- MICHALECOLE