This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dragon Age Orgins Ultimate Edition and Dragon Age 2 worth getting for $9.99?

#1BigB0ss13Posted 4/4/2014 1:04:04 AM(edited)
I first played Dragon Age Orgins on PS3 when it first came out and the graphics looked like vomit but I remember it was decent. Didn't play Dragon Age 2 cause I heard it sucked monkey balls. But now I'm interested in playing the series on the master race system. Should I get both for $9.99? Are the graphics a lot better on PC?
#2my_name_is_EdPosted 4/4/2014 1:07:11 AM
DA2 really just ruins that pack. I'd just wait till DA:O went for $5, which it frequently does.
---
http://puu.sh/7uzXq.jpg
Our dearest SBAllen. "Admin by day. Sailor Scout by night."
#3dementedlullabyPosted 4/4/2014 1:08:27 AM
DA2 sucks. DAO is still good. Ultimate Edition has a load of content. The game plays better on PC hands down. The combat is really dulled down for the console.

For a 10$ bill yeah sure go for it.
---
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#4TheSmilingLordPosted 4/4/2014 4:36:07 AM
$10?

You could buy Goat simulator for that price. Much better than DA2 for sure.
---
Gamertag: Ragnarok
#5uncleePosted 4/4/2014 5:10:46 AM
I actually don't mind DA2 as much as I used to. I recently replayed it and didn't find it as bad as I used to think it was (still not a great game. Very mediocre). It helps if you enjoy the Dragon Age universe as a whole (as I do). It's still worth at least one playthrough (Act 2 is actually pretty good). Especially if you plan to get Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Origins is worth $10 alone, and as dementedlullaby said, it's got a TON of content. Easily 150+ hours.
#6PyjamaHeroPosted 4/4/2014 5:20:18 AM
A lot of games that get tons of hate don't deserve it. DA 2 is one of them. It was NEVER worth $60. It was inferior to it's predecessor in nearly every way but it was entertaining and had some fun moments. For $10 for both just get them. My advise is to take a nice long break between playing the two, that way you aren't directly comparing them.
---
PSN: PyjamaHero 3DS FC 1891-1264-3916 NNID PajamaHero "But I am I. And I won't subordinate my taste to the unanimous judgment of mankind."
#7dekouPosted 4/4/2014 6:13:22 AM
PyjamaHero posted...
A lot of games that get tons of hate don't deserve it. DA 2 is one of them. It was NEVER worth $60. It was inferior to it's predecessor in nearly every way but it was entertaining and had some fun moments.

Well, many - including me - think it wasn't entertaining. It wasn't an awful game, exactly, but just not worth spending any time on when there are so many better games on the market.
---
Intel Pentium II OC @ 450 MHz | 128 Mb RAM | Falcon Northwest Special Edition Maxi Gamer Xentor 32 SE | 2x 4 Gb Seagate HDD
#8murphy230Posted 4/4/2014 6:15:56 AM
Where is it on sale
---
i7 4770k 4.6GHz| 2 Gtx 670 ftw 's sli| WD Black 1TB | 16 GB RAM 2133Mhz | corsair TX 750M | Samsung 840 pro 256GB |H100i |CM Stryker |ASUS Maximus Formula VI |
#9BigB0ss13(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2014 10:46:00 AM
murphy230 posted...
Where is it on sale

gamefly. use the this code at checkout

APR20OFF
#10foodeater4Posted 4/4/2014 11:01:39 AM(edited)
Yeah the graphics on PC for DA:O are a lot better. IMO, that xbox and ps3 ports, were just horrible graphically. There was no reason even a console game should have been that bad. Maybe they would have had to use 2 discs or something but it should have been done the right way.

Don't except anything mind blowing though, even for their time the PC version of DA:O was a bit below average, but you can at least excepta nice 60fps, nice clear picture with no jaggies, nice colors, better spell effects and lighting, much better faces on all the characters, and not so blurry and muddy looking like console.

Plus the games just a lot more playable with a mouse and kb. Better combat with more on screen enemies, better difficulty and an overhead view whch is nice sometimes.