This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dragon Age Orgins Ultimate Edition and Dragon Age 2 worth getting for $9.99?

#21BigB0ss13(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2014 11:59:06 AM
BuyersRemorse55 posted...
TC I cant believe you would hate all of ME games just cause the 3rd game ending wasn't the greatest. That's a bit dramatic. Im surprised you would even consider another bioware game after that attidue.

DA2 is not bad game overall. The combat in DA2 is actually better then DA:O.

Act 1 in DA2 isn't that bad cause its your frist time through all the places. The main bad part about act 1 is its very sidequest heavy and in general side quests are inferior to main quests. The main quest in great though and launching the expedition the end of the act is very exiciting.

Act 2 is slightly disappointing cause then the recycling of areas starts. Again I thought its kinda slow, to many side quests but ends with a bang.

Act 3 is fine, again recylcled areas but its the shortest act but that's not a bad thing cause you get more main story instead of filler. The ending is satisfying and sets up DA inquistition.

Also on console DA2 actually gave you some competent graphics unlike DA:O.

DA2 on PC is good too. I think the game even had some DX10 effects which any newer comp should be able to use.

I seriously was never going to buy another Biocrap game after experiencing that horrific ending and I think I created a topic or three over the years and expressed my rage. Right now I am kinda bored and need some games to play. I saw the DA games were on sale so I said f*** it. One thing for sure though is I will never buy Biocrap's future games until they are $10 or less that includes future ME and DA games
#22my_name_is_EdPosted 4/4/2014 1:24:49 PM
yars posted...
da2 is better than the first.

yars gonna yars
---
http://puu.sh/7uzXq.jpg
Our dearest SBAllen. "Admin by day. Sailor Scout by night."
#23DiviDudePosted 4/4/2014 1:30:59 PM
BigB0ss13 posted...
I loved ME1-3 minus the ending and before the ending I thought the series was one of the best ones ever created however once I experienced that abomination of an ending in ME3, I thought every game in the series was one of the worst ever created in the history of mankind. That was how powerful ME3's ending can be because of how horrific the ending was.

God damn I sincerely hope this is just part of your online persona and that no one in the real world is actually like this.
#24BigB0ss13(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2014 1:35:55 PM
DiviDude posted...
BigB0ss13 posted...
I loved ME1-3 minus the ending and before the ending I thought the series was one of the best ones ever created however once I experienced that abomination of an ending in ME3, I thought every game in the series was one of the worst ever created in the history of mankind. That was how powerful ME3's ending can be because of how horrific the ending was.

God damn I sincerely hope this is just part of your online persona and that no one in the real world is actually like this.

Well, I thought Jennifer Lawrence was one of the hottest girls in the world then when she got that short, pixie cut I thought she was one of the ugliest girls in the world. That is real life.
#25BigB0ss13(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2014 2:25:16 PM
Can you guys recommend me a good, fun class and all the skills I should get?
#26Killah PriestPosted 4/4/2014 2:26:14 PM
I really enjoyed both games but I enjoyed Dragon Age 2 quite a bit more than 1.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#27BigB0ss13(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2014 5:19:04 PM
Please help me! Need to know how many pts I should put into attributes as well as skills for a mage and warrior. Just suggest builds for those two that are good and fun and post the exact amount of attributes and all the skills I need by end game. Thanks
#28somebody336Posted 4/4/2014 5:21:17 PM
Pretty good deal. The second is good if you dont compare it to the first lol
---
TBWNN's grumpy old man >:/
#29GynthaeresPosted 4/4/2014 5:59:25 PM(edited)
DA2 is one of those games that got a lot of hate unjustly. Mostly because it wasn't a copy of Dragon Age Origins in a new setting. And a lot of people, for whatever reason, thought Dragon Age Origins was a really good game, so this upset them.

Personally I thought they were both mediocre. DAO had a host of flaws that made me really dislike the game. Dragon Age 2 was actually superior in some ways... it fixed a lot of those flaws. Unfortunately, it also brought in a truckload of its own, due in no small part to being released about a year early. It's not nearly as bad as some people claim, but nor would I label it a "good game". I'd place it just below Dragon Age Origins.

That said, for $10, assuming all DLC is included, it's still a pretty good deal.

DiviDude posted...
BigB0ss13 posted...

I'm actually sorta like that.

Loved ME1, loved ME2. Beat both like, 6+ times. Enjoyed much of ME3, despite some of its obvious flaws. Planned to replay the entire trilogy after beating ME3.
Beat ME3 (on release). Haven't revisited the series since. I can't bring myself to load up either of the other two games, just knowing how stupidly the entire thing ends.
---
The sole purpose of this space is to make my post look longer.
#30NingishzidaPosted 4/4/2014 7:13:26 PM
TC, LISTEN UP

If you wanna play DA:O on the master race platform, then you should definitely mod the game.

Here is my recommended setup:

user interface: FtG, AddItem script, console fix fonts

cosmetic: Redesigned, JB textures

gameplay: Improved Atmosphere, GT core rules fixpack, skip Fade, Deathblow minimum

When you get bored of the base game's combat, i recommend this:

tactical: RAVage+Smarter Enemies AI <-- awesome battles