This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

All hack and slash games?

#1ArithiusPosted 4/6/2014 5:11:42 AM
Can u help me name every single hack and slash game that you know of? Someone stole my dark alliance game and my ps2 so I was wondering if there are any better ones out there
#2BakuraGornPosted 4/6/2014 7:06:14 AM
Darksiders 1/2
Devil May cry 3/4
DmC(it sucks though)
Dark Souls
Diablo 3
Prototype 1/2(2 is much better)
X-men origins:Wolverine(actually pretty fun)
Prince of Persia the Forgotten Sands
Torchlight 1/2
Path of Exile

That's the ones i can remember.
#3sonicteam2k1Posted 4/6/2014 7:09:57 AM
Darksiders
Darksiders II
Devil May Cry 4 (3 is the most terrible port in the world)
DmC: Devil May Cry
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Prototype
Prototype 2
Ninja Blade
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
Castle Crashers (2D)
Sacred Citadel (2.5D)
Deadpool
Shank (2D)
Shank 2(2D)
Dust: an Elysian Tail (2D)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
Viking: Battle for Asgard
Final Exam
Golden Axe series
Valdis Story

all I can think of at the moment
---
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games
#4AnimorganimatePosted 4/6/2014 7:17:45 AM(edited)
I don't know which kind of "hack-n-slash" you are looking for (ARPG, over-the-shoulder, etc), but I'll list some of my favorites from each category:

Obviously the Diablo series is a must (particularly Diablo II: Lord of Destruction), as is the best Diablo clone around, Titan Quest: Immortal Throne. A lot of people will also mention the Torchlight series, and Path of Exile, and the Dungeon Siege series, and the Sacred series, and Din's Curse, etc. Those are all fine, but I recommend Diablo and Titan Quest above all else (as well as Grim Dawn, a new game still in alpha from the same team who made Titan Quest).

As for the 3rd-person action hack-n-slash games on PC, I couldn't give the Darksiders series enough praise. Great story and great combat. The first Darksiders is a great Zelda clone, and the second Darksiders is more Prince of Persia inspired. Both are amazing games. I would also highly recommend the Dark Souls series, Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga, Kingdom of Amalur: The Reckoning, the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow series, Fable: The Lost Chapters, and even the Witcher series (although it's slower paced and more RPG then hack-n-slash).

There are even some first-person hack-n-slash games that are great, like the Elder Scrolls series, and the Jedi Knight series, and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.

I'm sure others will list those that I have forgot. Have fun hacking-n-slashing.
---
. . . methodical, exacting, and worst of all, patient.
#5SilentHawk29Posted 4/6/2014 7:30:11 AM
100% agree with Animorganimate. I'd also throw in the Devil May Cry series.
---
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#6ClouddxPosted 4/6/2014 7:51:02 AM
Enclave
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#7Chaos_MissilePosted 4/6/2014 8:07:13 AM
Animorganimate posted...
I don't know which kind of "hack-n-slash" you are looking for (ARPG, over-the-shoulder, etc), but I'll list some of my favorites from each category:

Obviously the Diablo series is a must (particularly Diablo II: Lord of Destruction), as is the best Diablo clone around, Titan Quest: Immortal Throne. A lot of people will also mention the Torchlight series, and Path of Exile, and the Dungeon Siege series, and the Sacred series, and Din's Curse, etc. Those are all fine, but I recommend Diablo and Titan Quest above all else (as well as Grim Dawn, a new game still in alpha from the same team who made Titan Quest).

As for the 3rd-person action hack-n-slash games on PC, I couldn't give the Darksiders series enough praise. Great story and great combat. The first Darksiders is a great Zelda clone, and the second Darksiders is more Prince of Persia inspired. Both are amazing games. I would also highly recommend the Dark Souls series, Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga, Kingdom of Amalur: The Reckoning, the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow series, Fable: The Lost Chapters, and even the Witcher series (although it's slower paced and more RPG then hack-n-slash).

There are even some first-person hack-n-slash games that are great, like the Elder Scrolls series, and the Jedi Knight series, and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.

I'm sure others will list those that I have forgot. Have fun hacking-n-slashing.

The reason why Torchligh is always recommended is because it is, ironically, THE Diablo clone.

Made by the very same guys behind Diablo 1 and 2, remember? Which is why Torchlight 1 is very similar to Diablo 1 and Torchlight 2 is very similar to Diablo 2.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#8kobalobasileusPosted 4/6/2014 12:50:06 PM
Come on, guys, everyone should know by now that "Hack & Slash" means "Diablo Clone."

Franchises:
Diablo
Torchlight
Sacred
Path of Exile
Dungeon Siege
Titan Quest
Van Helsing

That's all I can think of without doing any actual research.
#9AsucaHayashiPosted 4/6/2014 1:13:15 PM(edited)
Come on, guys, everyone should know by now that "Hack & Slash" means "Diablo Clone."

this.

i don't really know when hack&slash turned into "3rd person action adventure"... probably around the same time (and same reason btw) where baldur's gate first and foremost automatically meant the dark alliance games.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/E5CYOem.png
#10wdfosterPosted 4/6/2014 1:13:11 PM
I thought hack and slashers were games like DMC or God of War where there is some form of weapon combo in it. I have always considered Diablo to be an RPG.
---
Steam ID - BarneyRound