This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

All hack and slash games?

#11BogePosted 4/6/2014 1:18:58 PM
Ones worth playing in my opinion:

Diablo series
Torchlight II
Titan Quest (second favorite and highly underrated)
Path of Exile
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#12greensacsPosted 4/6/2014 1:30:30 PM
Path of Exile is brilliantly deep. Free to play.
---
i7 4770k 4.4 Ghz/Evga 780/16GB Corsair/128 GB Plextor SSD/3.5 TB HDDs/750 Watt Corsair PSU/27" Asus 1440P
#13AnatomyHorrorPosted 4/6/2014 2:13:26 PM
wdfoster posted...
I thought hack and slashers were games like DMC or God of War where there is some form of weapon combo in it. I have always considered Diablo to be an RPG.

A decade ago Diablo was a hack and slash. Now for some reason, games like Bayonetta, DMC, are hack and slash's.
#14GunmaN1905Posted 4/6/2014 2:18:01 PM(edited)
MGR: Revengeance.
Dead rising games maybe?

Btw, I'm also confused with your definition of "hack'n'slash" but those two weren't mentioned and they sure feel like that to me.
---
PSN: GunmaN1905
Steam: GunmaN1905
#15wdfosterPosted 4/6/2014 2:42:18 PM
AnatomyHorror posted...
wdfoster posted...
I thought hack and slashers were games like DMC or God of War where there is some form of weapon combo in it. I have always considered Diablo to be an RPG.

A decade ago Diablo was a hack and slash. Now for some reason, games like Bayonetta, DMC, are hack and slash's.

I played diablo when it was originally released, and considered it a rpg back then. Maybe its me though but it seems to have more rpg elements than anything else.
---
Steam ID - BarneyRound
#16alhvatrPosted 4/6/2014 2:46:59 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hack_and_slash
Hack and slash or hack and slay, abbreviated H&S or HnS, refers to a type of gameplay that emphasizes combat.
#17Hi CPosted 4/6/2014 2:52:05 PM
AnatomyHorror posted...
wdfoster posted...

Because years ago a clueless console gamer told another clueless console gamer it was on a message board and it got parroted around until it was taken as fact by a bunch of people who had no idea what they were talking about.

Same as that "consoles have always been ahead of PC's for the first couple years then PC's catch up and overtake them" nonsense that gets spread around all the time st a new console launch.
#18Hi CPosted 4/6/2014 2:57:44 PM
wdfoster posted...
AnatomyHorror posted...
wdfoster posted...

I played diablo when it was originally released, and considered it a rpg back then. Maybe its me though but it seems to have more rpg elements than anything else.

I played Diablo when it was released too. It was considered a Rogue-like, which was part of Hack N' Slash.

Actually Hack n' Slash was originally table top gaming jargon that meant D&D modules that were light on Role Playing and heavy on combat. It then got applied to roguelikes and early CRPG's.
#19NathanisDrakePosted 4/6/2014 3:19:50 PM
Metal Gear: Rising is one of the best hack-and-slash game I've played in a decade.
---
PC + 3DS Master Race
Most anticipated: Monster Hunter 4U, Smash Brothers 4, Persona 5/Q, Mighty N9 and Azure Striker: Gunvolt
#20cancerstormPosted 4/6/2014 3:39:21 PM
skyrim
---
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2996/cancerstorm.jpg