This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best CPU for a mini ITX system? (Temperatures)

#11Cruzader619Posted 4/6/2014 6:01:59 PM
could you be not a jerk and just give it to your mother? its not like talking care of you while growing up was free >_>
---
"If you commit suicide on this forest, bears will poop on your corpse."
#12foodeater4Posted 4/7/2014 12:00:00 AM
Get the haswell, the whole heat issue is barely an issue. If your doing a standard overclock the CM212 or notcuria or whatever the heck there called will keep it plenty cool.
#13ConkerPosted 4/7/2014 2:51:21 AM
Cruzader619 posted...
could you be not a jerk and just give it to your mother? its not like talking care of you while growing up was free >_>

There is nothing in the world that is more selfish than a parent that thinks their child owes them anything because of the choice they made to have them and make it their life's responsibility, before a kid can even breathe.

With that said, giving your mom a computer that is reasonably worth what she would have to pay is a nice thing to do, but if you have a high-end PC that you put a lot of money into that she would never buy otherwise, then I think it's reasonable to help out towards a replacement to some capacity...otherwise, just keep it and get her something within the budget she wants to spend.

This is also coming from someone that gave my mom a $1500 HDTV when I got a replacement and asked for nothing in return, and also paid my mom some money as "rent" when I moved back in and worked for a year after college. I did it as a kind gesture when she didn't even need the money, but I also by no means think someone is a jerk if they aren't in a position to simply give away money they weren't inclined to spend otherwise.
---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!
#14Boge(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2014 11:50:05 AM(edited)
Cruzader619 posted...

If I was in a better place financially, I would. Sadly, I can't.

Would it be better if I didn't even offer to sell mine to her and just offered to build her one that she pays for?

I think some of you are thinking I'm building a new PC anyway, so I'm selling mine to my mother. No, that's not what's happening. She wants a new computer. She's going to buy one anyway. I wasn't planning to build a new one for myself, and still am not unless she decided option 1, to buy my computer instead of buy a different lesser computer. IF she wants mine, then I'll build a smaller system, not even a better system, just smaller. IF she doesn't, then I'll build her a new system. I'm having a hard time understanding why this makes me a jerk.

So, any time a family member says,"Hey, I need a new computer system. Can you help me?" I'm supposed to just say,"Here! Take mine for nothing and I'll buy myself another $1000 system. What can I say? You're family! It's on me!!"

Yeah, nobody does that unless they're rich.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png