This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I upgrade, buy an anime figure, or put the money towards a new truck?

#21gwwak(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2014 9:58:45 PM
Not interested in Nami as she is too scantly clad. My friend has a post time skip Nami though. He seems to run into cashflow problems often, so maybe I might buy it off him at a steep discount. He has a tendency to sell his collection when he runs into money problems.

I don't need a new car at the moment, but maybe in 5 years. Good to start saving now and it gives me something to work towards.
---
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
#22RosencroitzPosted 4/6/2014 10:21:53 PM
Only hicks buy trucks; upgrade the computer, obviously.
---
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.
#23frag_baitPosted 4/6/2014 10:47:34 PM
I had the same CPU you have. I finally got tired of waiting for AMD's Bulldozer-derived processors to git gud, and went ahead and bought a i7-4770 (not k, wanted virtualization). That's my first Intel since the Pentium 90 MHz. I have to say, I'm not disappointed. My FPS in Skyrim went from 47 facing a wall and high 20's looking around, to 60 in every situation. I don't know how processor bound LoL is, but I'd say even a new i3 would be a major upgrade.

Besides, what exactly are you planning to do with an anime figure? Just download some pics on your new PC.
---
I am a well-known troll. Please don't fall for my shenanigans.
#24Arn544Posted 4/7/2014 12:16:25 AM
Put it in the stock market or your retirement fund, best long term solution.
#25thatfool12GsPosted 4/7/2014 12:33:53 AM
No brainer. Anime figure.
---
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU
#26VideoGameXVPosted 4/7/2014 12:34:25 AM
Anime figure, they're the best to look at, though I guess a truck would be if you're into that sort of thing.
#27FaPaThYPosted 4/7/2014 1:34:55 AM
You're gonna have to link to the anime figures in question first. If they're crap quality don't bother and save for a new CPU+MB+RAM, then a graphics card, and probably a PSU, later if you want to play more demanding games.
---
"Because I realize I want you. Guts." | "....... Are you a ****?"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Malicii/
#28DavidZ2844Posted 4/7/2014 8:25:08 AM
This has got to be a joke topic. Like is everyone in this thread in on some inside joke I don't see? Are people actually suggesting he waste money on an anime figure? Are you all under 12 years old? It's stuff like this that makes me question the human race.

You should just donate money to charity if you're gonna waste money on anime figures. Or just burn the money.
#29ThatOneGuysHairPosted 4/7/2014 8:30:03 AM
DavidZ2844 posted...
This has got to be a joke topic. Like is everyone in this thread in on some inside joke I don't see? Are people actually suggesting he waste money on an anime figure? Are you all under 12 years old? It's stuff like this that makes me question the human race.

You should just donate money to charity if you're gonna waste money on anime figures. Or just burn the money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygr5AHufBN4
#30SonyHoundDawgPosted 4/7/2014 9:05:04 AM
since anime is total rubbish either truck or computer parts. Even if its not rubbish computer or truck > anime