This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Fantasy Online MMO ?

#11DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiCPosted 4/7/2014 7:55:18 AM
I miss City of Heroes.

:(
---
"Jon Jones and Bendo just slaying mother f***ers in the name of the lord" -- MICHALECOLE
#12CatToyPosted 4/7/2014 7:57:32 AM
DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiC posted...
I miss City of Heroes.

I had an Ice/Storm controller I would love to play again. Then they went free to play and it messed up my account and since free accounts don't get support, I couldn't get it fixed.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#13machetemanPosted 4/7/2014 7:59:44 AM
I disagree with FFXIV on a fundamental level. THe combat, latency, and class/skill structure is a complete turn-off for me.

With that said it is extremely polished and provides a decent amount of content.
#14DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiCPosted 4/7/2014 8:17:04 AM
CatToy posted...
DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiC posted...
I miss City of Heroes.

I had an Ice/Storm controller I would love to play again. Then they went free to play and it messed up my account and since free accounts don't get support, I couldn't get it fixed.

Huh. I was F2P and had a problem once(freezing issues) and support got back to me within literally 20 minutes...on a Sunday. Maybe they just hated you.;)
---
"Jon Jones and Bendo just slaying mother f***ers in the name of the lord" -- MICHALECOLE
#15CatToyPosted 4/7/2014 8:24:32 AM
My issue happened the day after F2P launched. Non automated support wasn't available to anyone who wasn't a subscriber. So F2P accounts had limited character slots, pretty typical for a F2P game. I deleted a character to use its slot, started to make a new one on that free slot, backed out of character creation to do something, and when I returned to create the character, the slot was gone.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#16ThePCElitistPosted 4/7/2014 8:31:23 AM
DaedalusEx posted...
Pretty much every modern MMO is like FFXIV, because FFXIV is a WoW clone, and so are all the others.

WoW is still the best, in my opinion. It's free to play up to level 20 I believe. Check it out here:

https://eu.battle.net/account/creation/wow/signup/

Eh WoW and XIV have nothing in common outside of standardized game play mechanics and even then those mechanics feel more Final Fantasy because they've been modified to fit the theme of the game.
---
When I'm Miq'ote
http://youtu.be/h3LGf9SSWrU
#17ThePredominatePosted 4/7/2014 9:21:36 AM
City of Heroes was the best. You weren't just another face. By offering so much visual customisation, you could really put your personality into the game. From a social standpoint, it really was a cut above the rest. I played it beta until game death.

Also if you're having fun playing Final Fantasy XIV then just stick it out. There's not really much point playing two MMOs. They're all essentially the same game with different palettes. World of Warcraft is still fun I guess. Guild Wars 2 will keep you entertained for maybe a month, but you never feel motivated to keep playing a character once max level has been attained.
#18PlaysaverPosted 4/7/2014 10:12:37 AM
Onallion posted...
None of them have controller support, XIV is unique because it is also on the PS3/PS4. But why aren't you just playing XIV?

In my opinion it's better than the other games I mentioned here. Do you really have the budget and time to play 2 MMOs at the same time? :)

FFXI also has controller support even on pc. I'd recommend just only playing FFXIV at this point though. MMO's can take up a lot of your time, so sticking to just one is best when your starting out on them.