This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So Mercenary Kings is pretty cool IMO

#11gunner967Posted 4/7/2014 3:17:30 AM
I've got it on PS4 (don't kill me) and it is pretty fun. The whole weapon crafting thing is nice, too.
---
Xbox Live- A Killing Pie ~~~ PSN- A_Killing_Pie
"I'm going to put my quantum harmonizer in your photonic resonation chamber!"
#12Infini22Posted 4/7/2014 3:29:46 AM
I stopped playing after like 2 levels. Are there more customization options as you progress through the game ? There were very little gun parts at the start, much less than I was expecting.
#13BeknessPosted 4/7/2014 3:44:57 AM
Infini22 posted...
I stopped playing after like 2 levels. Are there more customization options as you progress through the game ? There were very little gun parts at the start, much less than I was expecting.

There is heaps. Babes and I are on the 4th tier (of 10) missions. There's 40 knives available to craft ATM. And there's a lot of gun parts, too. Don't have time to count right now, we're about to do another quest.
---
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/ R<3B xx
Babes & I Now Playing - Mercenary Kings Babes & I Now Reading - Kill Your Boss & All American Girl
#14Sk0rbutPosted 4/7/2014 3:59:56 AM
There are supposed to be over 300 different gun parts, but most of them have to be unlocked by ranking up.
---
I am the bringer of death. Fall to your knees and beg for mercy... Or give me a sandwich, I'm pretty hungry.
#15uuarmanPosted 4/7/2014 4:12:28 AM
water1111 posted...
I didn't hear good things about it, plus its disgusting that early access was used to fund the ps4 version.

Oh you mean the ps4 version that's free on ps+ this month? Yeah, how messed up. I can't believe those penny-pincher indie devs would use the money their players willingly paid them for an unfinished project to later make it available on another platform so more people can play it.

Wow, I can't believe you said that.

Anyway, I'm having a ton of fun with it so far. The music is one of its strongest suits IMO. The only gripes I have are that it lags every once in a while on ps4 and crashes sometimes. Expecting a patch eventually though.

Play it.
#16rusty12000Posted 4/7/2014 4:20:46 AM
I don't think calling it a rip off of other games is a bad argument. Most games get influence from other games. Or else I am calling it, Titanfall is a Wolfenstien rip off....
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#17XdemonAlucardPosted 4/7/2014 4:32:16 AM
The game is fun for a little bit but gets boring and repetitive really fast. Menus and customization are pretty clunky too. You can't tell what your gun parts are going to do until you buy them and use them yourself. Also jumping has like a 1 second delay which is really awkward if you've played any 2D platformer ever made. Respawns are pretty ridiculous too, you can kill something scroll the screen just a little bit and that enemy is back. You go back to the same locations over and over again and it just gets stale. I like the visual style and the gameplay (minus the terrible jump), it's fun to shoot stuff and collect loot but there's a lot of stuff stopping you from really enjoying the game.
---
"Gimme food good guy!"