This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Motherboard opinions

#11Neo_PortaPottyPosted 4/7/2014 8:09:48 AM
TheNeoVoid posted...
Killah Priest posted...
how about the maximus vi hero?

I actually suggested that which he responded with "Get the Sabertooth, it's better." Not that I listen to him all the time lol (guy suggested I buy 130 dollar "gamer" keyboard and 80 dollar mouse) but I was considering the Maximus.

Mechanical keyboard or overpriced razer junk?
---
If its elitist to want decent performance, accountability, and class knowledge from the people you play with... SIGN ME UP!
#12TheNeoVoid(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2014 8:10:37 AM
Shub posted...
I like my Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H so I recommend it.
The Asus Z87-A is nice, too, and cheaper.

My local Micro Center has some Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H on sale for $143.96
---
PSN: NeoVoid
3DS FC: 0473-7778-8246 Viral
#13TheNeoVoid(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2014 8:11:31 AM
Neo_PortaPotty posted...
TheNeoVoid posted...
Killah Priest posted...

I actually suggested that which he responded with "Get the Sabertooth, it's better." Not that I listen to him all the time lol (guy suggested I buy 130 dollar "gamer" keyboard and 80 dollar mouse) but I was considering the Maximus.

Some Titanfall keyboard.
---
#14Neo_PortaPottyPosted 4/7/2014 8:14:03 AM
TheNeoVoid posted...
Neo_PortaPotty posted...
TheNeoVoid posted...
Killah Priest posted...

Some Titanfall keyboard.

Ok yea that ones junk first not mechanical second mad catz really good you didn't y it. But while it is the higher end of them 130$ isn't that uncommon for mecha keyboards and they are nice though you can get budget ones in the 80$ range.
---
If its elitist to want decent performance, accountability, and class knowledge from the people you play with... SIGN ME UP!
#15Killah PriestPosted 4/7/2014 8:14:20 AM

Very strange, the maximus vi hero should do everything you need and has the nice custom features people have come to expect from ROG boards.

he must be obsessed with the thermal armor.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#16TheNeoVoid(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2014 8:17:37 AM
Killah Priest posted...

Very strange, the maximus vi hero should do everything you need and has the nice custom features people have come to expect from ROG boards.

He has bad habit of thinking higher price always means better and saying "screw the budget!" I'm more of bargain hunter. I'll buy open part boxes at Micro Center which he swears by only buying new.
---
#17Neo_PortaPottyPosted 4/7/2014 8:28:06 AM(edited)
TheNeoVoid posted...
Killah Priest posted...

He has bad habit of thinking higher price always means better and saying "screw the budget!" I'm more of bargain hunter. I'll buy open part boxes at Micro Center which he swears by only buying new.

Meh nothing wrong with refurbs for the most part especially if it comes with a decent warranty though I would never buy an open box cpu for instance most everything g else should be fine,
---
#18Killah PriestPosted 4/7/2014 8:22:59 AM

Like I said above I'm kinda the same... but he is definitely moving into pointlessly stubborn status. The hero is actually a much better match I'd say regardless of price.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#19Neo_PortaPottyPosted 4/7/2014 8:29:33 AM
Since I saw someone mention it earlier why exactly is the the corsair cx750m bad again it is what I used in my latest build and the reviews on it were good? Not planning to sli on it but I do have a 4.5g oc on my 4770k.
---
#20ShubPosted 4/7/2014 8:33:47 AM
It's just I don't get why people cheap out on the PSU when getting a nice, semi-high-end build like you're doing. Corsair's CX series is made to cater to the budget-conscious market. It doesn't perform all that well, the quality of its internals is mediocre, it's notorious for coil whine issues... it's just kind of a pity to power a nice build with one of those.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.