This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Motherboard opinions

#31TheNeoVoid(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2014 9:18:19 AM
Thanks guys. I should of mention in the OP I'd prefer not to break 150 price and that I'd need slot space for a wireless adapter plus 2 GTX 770s. You guys have been very helpful.
---
PSN: NeoVoid
3DS FC: 0473-7778-8246 Viral
#32SonyHoundDawgPosted 4/7/2014 9:24:08 AM
The corsair CX 750 is a bit different then the other CX ones, its like a step up in quality. You can google and figure out, I don't have the exact link.

The corsair cx430-600 watts are made by channel well, and they are definatly fine for a budget 1 gpu build.
#33Explicit DankPosted 4/7/2014 9:31:05 AM
Only mobo brand I've ever really had problems with was Tyan. I think I bought it because it was either purple or clear, and ran two different types of ram. Never worked right, and they lost my board in shipping/receiving for almost 2 months....
---
Parental Advisory - Explicit Dank
#34ShubPosted 4/7/2014 9:32:34 AM
All the CX units are made by CWT except the old and discontinued CX400, so no difference there. Yes, the CX750 is built on a better CWT platform than the CX430/500/600. The choice of internals is still dubious, e.g. Samxon caps (or was it CapXon?) on the secondary.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#35Neo_PortaPottyPosted 4/7/2014 10:09:04 AM
TheNeoVoid posted...
Shub posted...
TheNeoVoid posted...
I already bought the PSU and I'd hate to have to return it when I got a good deal on it.

You don't have to return it. My impression is that people see Corsair + low price = awesome and that's flawed thinking. I don't know if that was your train of thought so don't take it personally. All I'm saying is people often make the mistake of buying Corsair because it's Corsair and everybody buys Corsair because Corsair has the best power supplies and that's just not true anymore. Yes, they have good units, but Corsair knows people think that way and lately they've been exhibiting a worrying trend of sacrificing quality to move a larger volume of lower-priced units, riding on their name/reputation alone. The RM and CS (not CX) lines are prime examples of that.

The short and dry of it is I would not hesitate to put a CX in a low-end build, I put CX units a notch above Antec Basiq units on a hierarchy of low-end PSUs I would use given budgetary constraints, but in nicer builds, one can do a lot better for not a lot more dollars.

Thanks. One last question. What are your guys opinion on MSI motherboards? My friend hates the brand with a passion.

currently using the msi z87-gd65 and it works perfectly.
---
If its elitist to want decent performance, accountability, and class knowledge from the people you play with... SIGN ME UP!
#36mccue166Posted 4/7/2014 10:52:08 AM
I had an MSI Mpower up until I went with an mATX case and I loved it. Stable overclocks, plenty of PCI-e lanes and fantastic build quality.
---
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2JtcQ