This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can anyone reccomend me a good mmo

#1TheSlayer1305Posted 4/7/2014 2:08:45 PM
Okay I've been playing COD 4 on the PC and I'm getting bored of it. Can anyone reccomend me a good mmo? I used to play the heck out of runescape, although they screwed it up now. I would really like a very simple mmo with lots of quests, simple combat system, and lots of activities.
#2NeninaPosted 4/7/2014 4:24:59 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 4/7/2014 5:43:39 PM
To be honest, when it comes to a traditional MMO, I think WoW is still the most appealing choice for a lot of people.

Guild Wars 2 is also a great option if you are looking for something without a montly fee.

There are currently no MMO's that I have played (and I am ashamed to say, I played a lot of them) that I feel I can really recommend, or even claim that they are an overall enjoyable experience.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie EC1 Evo White | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | AKG k550 | Samsung S24A350H
#4majinbuu58Posted 4/7/2014 9:58:35 PM
WoW, SWTOR, TERA
#5PsythikPosted 4/8/2014 12:03:08 AM
There are no good MMOs. Auto Assault and TSO were at least playable, but both went offline years ago.
---
4670K | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 9-9-9-24 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | BitFenix Phenom M (white) | Win8.1 Pro
http://imgur.com/KaTyP5o.jpg
#6MaKhaosPosted 4/8/2014 12:17:35 AM
I recommend FFXIV: ARR. If you want free to play, swtor is decent.
---
"TSA lady opened my bag and asked me about my Magic: The Gathering booster packs.
I explained that they're not weapons since I have no land." -Day[9]
#7leon_trunksPosted 4/8/2014 6:16:25 AM
MaKhaos posted...
I recommend FFXIV: ARR. If you want free to play, swtor is decent.

This. FF ARR is the best mmo in decades
#8TES_NutPosted 4/8/2014 6:23:39 AM
Try eso. Arr. Is very much like wow with a final fantasy coat of paint. Eso has combat that you would probably like more coming from a dudebro game.
---
"Sing of Manetheren, the sword that could not be broken
...Weep for Manetheren. Weep for what is lost forever"
#9Fade2black001Posted 4/8/2014 6:49:11 AM
TES_Nut posted...
Try eso. Arr. Is very much like wow with a final fantasy coat of paint. Eso has combat that you would probably like more coming from a dudebro game.

ESO is bad though. Its really boring.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#10xero4887Posted 4/8/2014 7:26:53 AM
I love ESO so far (Level 27). I do think it is an mmo that you will either really enjoy or absolutely hate, not much middle ground. All the quest are voice acted and the stories are very well written. The game also rewards exploration and i love the insane amount of builds you can make for each character. AvAvA pvp is very fun and a nice change up to what I have been used to in the past.. However, if you are the type of person that just tries to go from quest hub to quest hub as fast as possible without reading anything ESO will bore you. Also if you are big into competitive pvp such as arena's, you will find ESO lacking.